---- s300 in p72 car runs with cel and red light on -----

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
gSIr

---- s300 in p72 car runs with cel and red light on -----

Post by gSIr »

I have an s300 installed into a 95 obd1 p72 ecu. I tried to hook it up in a canadian gsr tonight that takes a p61 ecu. I was able to recognize the ecu, and was able to upload a calibration. When the car started it had an instant cel, and i was not able to datalog at all. Also the red light was on the whole time, i'm not sure what the deal is with the lights by the usb wire, can anyone explain or try to help me get this working, i have read alot about bad socketing i had king motorsports do it. Has anyone ran into this before? Any info will help
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Make sure J12 is cut, then make sure the s300 is seated properly on the pins. If you still have problems, Contact King Motorsports as it could be a socketing problem.
gSIr

Post by gSIr »

Spunkster wrote:Make sure J12 is cut, then make sure the s300 is seated properly on the pins. If you still have problems, Contact King Motorsports as it could be a socketing problem.
What is J12, king motorsports told me it was j1, where is this wire located
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If J1 is cut it will not work at all. J12 must be cut and is located near the vertical boards.
gSIr

Post by gSIr »

I just ended up sending it to king motorsports, thats where it was installed, i didn't want to mess with it, but thanks for the advice
gSIr

Post by gSIr »

update on the s300. I sent it to a shop and they looked it over and over again and tested it. They sent it back to me telling me there was something wrong with the ecu, now i have to buy another p72 to put it into. I noticed that the one pin that u just hook a jumper tp to j1 i believe, mine has a resistor in it, i'm not sure if that will make a difference or not
Shmaa

Post by Shmaa »

What are the colors on the resistor?

If it is black, black = 0ohms so that is a jumper
gSIr

Post by gSIr »

duh, i totally forgot about black black, lol now i remember that from my electronics class, i just needed a reminder of what numbers the colors represented, thanks. I'm in the process of trying to find someone to solder it into another p72 that i bought.
gSIr

Post by gSIr »

update today, i soldered it into the other p72 ecu and it works perfectly thanks for the help everyone.