dataloging

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The fact that you have probelsm with vibration indicates some type of loose wire somewhere. Possibly a ground. You may also have some errors on the laptop as hard drives to not like vibration.
panapower

Post by panapower »

alex wrote:Seth, when the datalogging stops, do you have to unplug the USB cable and then plug it back in to get the PC to recognize the connection?
I do alex. This car has been giving us nothing but greif and I'm not so sure that its my computer but more like ecu itself. This is a PITA as i have to disconnect and connect the usb cable everytime the software locks up. :(
panapower

Post by panapower »

airshifter wrote:my datalogging seems to be doing the excact same thing on the dyno, I must internal log the pulls to get anything, If I'm connected to the ecu and make several changes while connected it will freeze up and I will have to unpllug the cable and plug it back up to be able to upload anymore changes,
this is the EXACT same problem that is happening with this car we are trying to tune on the dyno. :?
airshifter

Post by airshifter »

I still have a connectivity problem even if the car is off but key on and make multiple changes, it says it's still connected but the upload screen doesn't flash unless I unplug then plug back the usb, do I possable need to change some type of port setting. Like I said in the beginning it worked fine always
panapower

Post by panapower »

airshifter wrote:I still have a connectivity problem even if the car is off but key on and make multiple changes, it says it's still connected but the upload screen doesn't flash unless I unplug then plug back the usb, do I possable need to change some type of port setting. Like I said in the beginning it worked fine always
we used another laptop and it worked perfectly. we believe that the problem lies within USB itself. If you're running 1.0 then the connection will freeze or show you that you're online but not showing any status. When we used the new laptop with 2.0USB, we finished the tune much quicker without having to plug and unplug the cable all the time. HTH.
airshifter

Post by airshifter »

it's a new HP zd8000, pretty sure its usb2.0

I don't have this problem ever with s200