AEM UEGO w/ s300

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
picnic_george

AEM UEGO w/ s300

Post by picnic_george »

I have a UEGO pn 30-4100(the one with the gauge). I've read just about everything and know I need to run it into the d10 ELD pin to datalog on closed loop.
Question. Will I need to run my regular o2 sensor if my voltage output is 0-5 volts on the wideband? I would perfer not to run 2 o2 sensors if possible. Do I even need to use a narrow band at all?
tboostdsi

Post by tboostdsi »

not sure about the uego but im pretty sure they are all the same and that you can hook up the wideband to the o2 signal output instead of splicing into the eld wire.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I do not know about the wideband in question, but the PLX has a narrowband outputand a wideband output. This allows you to use only one sensor, keep the car in closed loop and also view the wideband readings in the software using the ELD input for wideband and the O2 input for narrowband.
picnic_george

Post by picnic_george »

Mine only has 1 output on it.
picnic_george

Post by picnic_george »

I guess this means I need to run my stock o2 along with the uego and just run my output @ 5 volts into my ELD input for everything to work correctly.
I'm presuming I can't datalog properly if the WB output is 0-1 volt correct?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can try using the 0-1 volt , and you will have to input the WB calibration info in to the software.
picnic_george

Post by picnic_george »

Spunkster wrote:You can try using the 0-1 volt , and you will have to input the WB calibration info in to the software.
That's easy enough. Would datalogging still be as accurate if I was only running 0-1 volt?
Jorge

Post by Jorge »

Just follow the same instructions as the plx and then change the values of the o2 in the s300 to read 0-5 volts. Thats how mine is set up. you may have to mess with the voltage correction so that your s300 and you wideband are show the same numbers and reads right. It's really easy and works fine without the stock o2.
00 si
picnic_george

Post by picnic_george »

Does that mean you are running yours in open loop all the time? I want to be able to run mine in closed loop and be able to datalog.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will be much better off running closed loop using your stock O2 sensor.
Jorge

Post by Jorge »

you can run it in closed loop you just change the closed loop voltage to something around 2.3 volts then the ecu tries to maintain that voltage which is about 14.7:1 instead of the .5 volts on the narrow band 02. You are probably better off running in closed loop off your stock o2 but you can run off the wideband just by changing voltage if you didn't want to use your stock o2.
00 si
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

THis is not recommended and you may have bad results. I fyou wish to use closed loop, and you have the AEM wideband, you should use the Stock O2 to control teh closed loop.

We recommend using the PLX as it has both narrowband and wideband outputs that can be used at the same time.
picnic_george

Post by picnic_george »

Spunkster wrote:THis is not recommended and you may have bad results. I fyou wish to use closed loop, and you have the AEM wideband, you should use the Stock O2 to control teh closed loop.

We recommend using the PLX as it has both narrowband and wideband outputs that can be used at the same time.
Thanks that was the answer I was looking for. I made the mistake of buying the uego because I got such a good deal on it at my work. I may sell it(for a small profit of course) and buy an LM-1. We don't sell PLX and I became very used to buying parts at cost so I'll go with that.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Just use the recommended PLX. Just because something is cheaper does not make it better. You have been told exactly what to use, how to hook it up and why it is the better piece of equipment. If you choose to go against this advice, you will experience more frustration.
picnic_george

Post by picnic_george »

Thanks