PLX M 250 Dataloging through ELD Issues

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
econorocket

PLX M 250 Dataloging through ELD Issues

Post by econorocket »

Hi -

I have a PLX Devices M250 and have been attempting to Datalog through the ELD on my P28 ECU socketed by HONDATA and equipped with a S300.

I am running a JRSC on a B16A2 in a 99 Civic SI. The ELD is selected under Options and Settings for the wideband input. I have disabled the ELD under Parameters and Misc. The wideband output is wired into the ELD input near the ECU connector.

Here is the problem:

When S300 ECU Manager reads the WB input, it caps rich readings at 12.3 AFR. Also the ECU feeds a voltage signal that renders the PLX Gauge inaccurate, capping it at 12.3 also. When disconnected from the ELD, the PLX works flawlessly, matching my tuner's dyno WB readings exactly.

From the sensor readings the ELD is putting out 4.5v when disconnected from the engine and the WB. It caps voltage at 1.2v when richer than 12.3 AFR and reciving WB input. Enabling or disabling the ELD has no effect on this.

I have tried to solve the problem by changing the location of the PLX power supply with no effect, and I have wired in the PLX resistors with no effect. I have messed with scaling the voltage also, but this seems to make things wildly inaccurate.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

What is the exact part number of the ECU you are using and who is the manufacturer of the ECU (either kehin or denshigiken)?
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Is the ELD wire still connected to your wiring harness and the ELD sensor? If so that is the problem.
kaj

Post by kaj »

i had the same problem. it read 12.0 no matter how rich i was running, but read fine at anything above.

i'm assuming the ELD doesn't support the voltage required to run the wideband right?

i also run PLX on a p72 ecu. thanks for saving me the trouble of starting a thread!!