SManager V1-1 Beta

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
gforceinteg

Post by gforceinteg »

The change can be made in the ecu yes, but the guage itself is supposed to be self calibrating according to plx instructions.
gforceinteg

Post by gforceinteg »

The change can be made in the ecu yes, but the guage itself is supposed to be self calibrating according to plx instructions.
RMS

Post by RMS »

calibration and offset are two different things.

the calibration is the accuracy of the output of the wbo2.
the offset is the agreement of the wbo2 and the ecu datalog.

that is in simple terms, but do you see the difference in terms?
RaVer Motorsports (559) 733-4711
ravermotorsports@earthlink.net
D@nny

Post by D@nny »

when is this no longer going to be a beta version? is everything fixed?
jdmspecdc5

Post by jdmspecdc5 »

ran into a problem with the system today. tried tuning my idle and part throttle areas but it is as if the ecu is not responding to the changes real time. i have to save, upload, then startup again for the changes to work. can't adjust idle speed but the iac control works. can't adjust fuel without having to restart. car is running good with the exeption of these problems. when will the final version be released?
RMS

Post by RMS »

sounds like you aren't connected.
RaVer Motorsports (559) 733-4711
ravermotorsports@earthlink.net
jdmspecdc5

Post by jdmspecdc5 »

RMS wrote:sounds like you aren't connected.
doubt that was the problem. i was able to make changes to iac duty and datalog. hopefully the final version will be more reliable when it is released.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The beta was released several weeks ago. Changes were not made in the area which you are having problems.
Hondata
jdmspecdc5

Post by jdmspecdc5 »

got the car running pretty good so i decided to drive it around the block. did a few runs but didnt run open loop, just wanted to see how things were. we'll it works out pretty good. only problem now is that when i went into WOT the displays in smanager went crazy again. got a bunch of unknown error codes, erraneous display readings such as rpm, map, etc. what would cause this? things were working perfect until the WOT run. i restarted from idle and it datalogged perfect.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What type of ignition do you have? What wires? what plugs?
jdmspecdc5

Post by jdmspecdc5 »

Spunkster wrote:What type of ignition do you have? What wires? what plugs?
stock ignition, stock ngk plugs, ngk wires
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

are they resistor type spark plugs or non-resistor?
jdmspecdc5

Post by jdmspecdc5 »

BKR6ES-11, they are resistor type
jdmspecdc5

Post by jdmspecdc5 »

new list of problems after installing a fresh version of smanager and usb drivers:

- get a "floating point division by zero" error when i try to datalog or review a saved datalog. it just pops up a million times when i hit f9. this is with the usp30 basemap.
- car idles fine for a couple seconds then the a/f rapidly drops from 14.7>13>12.xx. i can get the car to stay at 14.7 but what causes this? i have new plugs, wires, o2.
- still can't get the car to idle at the set 800rpm. lowest is 950rpm even with the iacv duty to the lowest and 0 for water and air comp.
- when i try to install the cd version (1.0.09) i also get an error saying it detects a newer version on the comp even though i have uninstalled both smanager and the usb drivers.
- on knock voltage is 0v a good thing or 5v? before i did this fresh install i was getting 0v. now even at idle it is at 5v.

car setup:
stock b17
ngk bkr6es-11 spark plugs
ngk spark plug wires
mobil 1 synthetic 5w-30
2.5" exhaust

am i doing something wrong or is it the program itself? when i upload i put the car to on, upload, remove the key, then start the car.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The reason for the knock being 5v is that you have disabled the knock sensor.

You should try using the latest released version of the software downloaded from our website and then uploade a brand new calibration into the ecu. Then see if you can datalog and go from there.