Lean after FTS and erratic vehicle speed

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
BenP

Lean after FTS and erratic vehicle speed

Post by BenP »

I have been trying to figure out why i am have a lean afr for a short period of time after a full throttle shift, even though the injector duty is rising. Is it just a delay of the wideband after the ignition cut and injector cut?

Also after shifting to the next gear there is a erratic vehicle speed reading. Is this eratic vss reading causing issues with other sensors reading correctly to properly continue the power through the rpm? The only idea i may have would be the cable driven speed sensor...

Any information on this would be appreciated.

Attached is a calibration and short 2-3 pull.
Attachments
r1.s3d
(165.4 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
PumpMeth Tune 01 6lb spring.skl
(49.26 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Lean after FTS and erratic vehicle speed

Post by Spunkster »

If you are referring to the 16.2 second mark, you have a rev cut and it is cutting fuel and ignition. Any time this happens the AF will not read normally. The vibration could be having an issue with your cluster and causing an issue with the VSS reading.
BenP

Post by BenP »

Thanks for responding.
Would you suggest that the vss reading being erratic like that after a gear change is causing the ecu to have those 2 spikes reading gear 4 when it is in 3rd gear? And would it have an effect on the ecu causing it to pull power from the vehicle during that inconsistent vss reading
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would recommend that you try the ECU I a known working vehicle and if it works as it should, it sounds like you could have a wiring fault in the vehicle that could be causing the issues.
BenP

Post by BenP »

The erratic vss readings after gear changes has been resolved by eliminating the cable driven vss and installing an electronic vehicle speed sensor.
Thanks for the suggestion on recommending the signal from the cluster could be causing issues.