Disable Sensor option

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
jetspeedz

Disable Sensor option

Post by jetspeedz »

Is there an option in S300 to disable PSP (Power Steering Pump) especially if the pump has been deleted. Could not find it in the s300 Help search.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Disable Sensor option

Post by Spunkster »

There is nothing that needs to be disabled for this.
jetspeedz

Post by jetspeedz »

The sensor must obviously affect idle otherwise it would not be there in the first place. With a PS delete and the sensor remaining static what can one expect if there is no option to disable this via S300.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Are you using the PSP input for anything else? If not, then it is not going to do anything. If so, then the ECU disables the idle up.
Hondata
jetspeedz

Post by jetspeedz »

Hondata wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:26 am Are you using the PSP input for anything else? If not, then it is not going to do anything. If so, then the ECU disables the idle up.

No I'm not using it for anything, planning on removing the PS with Chase bays delete kit so wanted to be sure it doesn't affect idle.

So if I'm not using it for anything are you stating the ECU also disables idle up same as if the PSP is used ? I assume if it's not used the voltage is 0 or 10 static so the ECU detects no change and it does not adjust idle correct?

Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It will not cause any issues if you remove the power steering.
jetspeedz

Post by jetspeedz »

Roger, thanks for the confirmation.
Wischmaster

Post by Wischmaster »

Current Tune - Intake Manifold.skl
D16Y8
(44.8 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Hey there! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm currently trying to solve my ever present PSP input. I very first used it for full throttle shift wired to the clutch switch. I have since disabled it but it bumps the revs every time I use the clutch.

I dealt with it for a while but I recently just installed a Performer X intake manifold and a OEM B16 throttle body and have had to basically retune everything so now it's a bother.

I went over my tune multiple times looking for any window for input but it's all disabled. So I depinned B8 from the ECU, now it was active constantly and made it idle high. So I plugged it back in and it went back to being engaged with the clutch pedal. So I unplugged it from the clutch end, once again it was active constantly. It's driving me nuts!

Oh, I'm using beta version 2.7.5.0 with a Hondata S300 V3.

Edit again: I added a quick datalog of me just accelerating from a stop last night and you can see the PSP light up on every gear change but I can't find anywhere in the tune where it's enabled.
Attachments
From Stop 1.s3d
(190.08 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Wischmaster

Post by Wischmaster »

Update: I ran the end of the wire opposite the ECU to a nearby ground bolt and problem solved. No more PSP activation.