lean idle when hot first few min , and bad cold start

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
payam_fox

lean idle when hot first few min , and bad cold start

Post by payam_fox »

hi , i just built an LS vtec , aftermarket everything except crank , got skunk2 pro1 cams , victor x intake and sk2 TB 70MM ,

first issue is when i start it when cold i have to give it gass otherwise its gonna die , needs gas for 10 -20 sec and after that i can just let it warm up , when warmed its good but lumpy (does these cams make it like this or it should be like stock cams?) but idles good , when i turn it off like in gas station or i park for 10 mins then start again when hot it idles really lean and bad for few minutes , any ideas ? i will upload the calibration
Attachments
LSVTEC BASE ITR.skl
(44.8 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: lean idle when hot first few min , and bad cold start

Post by Spunkster »

Have you discussed this issue with your tuner?
Corn_fed94

Post by Corn_fed94 »

The main fuel tables should be tuned when the engine is warm and should be left alone after that has been done. The ecu has fuel compensations that add fuel depending on ECT temps so those are probably not set correctly. Changes need to be made under the fuel compensation tab rather than the fuel table itself. It seems that the cold start fuel compensation tables are not set up correctly and that the main fuel tables were adjusted before the car was at operation temperature and a fuel compensation was active in the background. So say you tuned it the read 14.7 but the fuel compensation tables were adding say 7% fuel, when you car is fully warm it'll take away that 7%, now you're idling lean. I hope this helps you understand how that works now but talk to your tuner and say you're having cold start issues. Upload a data log and calibration. What fuel are you using?
Corn_fed94

Post by Corn_fed94 »

Just noticed the tune was uploaded. How about a datalog?