s300 v3 take a while to power on

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Charliek9

s300 v3 take a while to power on

Post by Charliek9 »

not sure if anyone has this problem or issue. I notice yesterday that when i go to turn my car on position, i won't hear the fuel pump prime and check engine light stay on for about 5-10 min before everything cycles, then check engine light disappear as soon the fuel pump kick in. Before it wasn't doing this and running fine and strong. i haven't changed or done anything to the car. jus randomly happen. not sure if it is glitch with the map or ecu itself. any help would be appreciated.

p28 board
hondata s300 v3 white board
DaX

Re: s300 v3 take a while to power on

Post by DaX »

Have you had the ECU recapped yet? My money is on bad capacitors, or damage to the board due to bad capacitors.
Charliek9

Post by Charliek9 »

i haven't had it recapped yet? I was thinking might be that to. I tried another p28 s300 and upload the map onto that ecu and put the ecu in the car and it didn't have that problem with it taking 5-10 min to load up. I open the ecu for the s300 that takes 5-10 min to load up and found that the some capacitors was brown on the board. like c14 and c13 was brownish around the capacitors. Do you know where or who can inspect and change the capacitors? thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It can be sent to Hondata for this using the ECU socketing form: https://www.hondata.com/downloads/ecu_s ... g_form.pdf

It is the reliability upgrade.
DaX

Post by DaX »

Spunkster wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:08 am It can be sent to Hondata for this using the ECU socketing form: https://www.hondata.com/downloads/ecu_s ... g_form.pdf

It is the reliability upgrade.
I definitely recommend sending it in to Hondata and having them do it. They use high quality capacitors and will do a good job. Turnaround was pretty quick when they did mine.
Charliek9

Post by Charliek9 »

thanks DAX and Spunkster. i will get that sent ASAP. hopefully that will fix the issue!
adamman85

Post by adamman85 »

Did having the capicitors changed fix the powering up issue? I just started having a similar problem with mine.
Charliek9

Post by Charliek9 »

adamman85 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:33 am Did having the capicitors changed fix the powering up issue? I just started having a similar problem with mine.
Just to give an update, I did send the ecu to hondata. They call me when they received to let me know that the capacitor was leaking and it got on the board. Hondata told me it was a 50/50 chance it might still work if they change the capacitor and if i wanted to continue. i said yes and once they got done, it was overnight they shipped it back to. I install the ecu and everything work great. But hondata did say since acid did leak on the board, it might just be a matter of time before ecu stop working completely. So overall, it was the capacitor that was at fault but the damage been done. So i guess we see how long the ecu will last before it completely stop. But thanks to Dax and Spunkster for guiding me in the right direction!
oksdesigns

Post by oksdesigns »

is it possible that a blown capacitor acid leak on a board and create future wiring problems ( short circuiting )
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The capacitors are no where near the wiring.