4 port technical

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Pjj5025

4 port technical

Post by Pjj5025 »

I’m running a Mac 4 port valve for boost by gear. After doing some testing I just wanted to see if this normal. The valve is normally closed [no power to valve [key off] flow goes from inlet to b]. Here’s where things get interesting - key on flow goes from inlet to a [this happens whether boost control is enabled or disabled].

Now if I have the normally open setting clicked and test the output at 10 percent the flow comes out of of b. 90 percent it comes out of a.

If I click the normally closed setting and test output at 10 percent flow comes out of a. 90 percent it comes out of b.

This leads me to believe that it will work fine if I run it normally open? Since at 10 percent duty the flow is going to the bottom of the gate.

I also would think that enabling and disabling the boost control should switch the flow from one port to another but with my car when they key is on it always flows out of a until the activation pressure is reached. Maybe one of my pwm components was installed incorrectly.

Thanks for any info / help. Just trying to do some verification before the dyno !
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 4 port technical

Post by Spunkster »

Is this a Hondata solenoid?
Pjj5025

Post by Pjj5025 »

No it is a Mac valve 46a-aa1-jdba-1ba. I now see why people go with the hondata though.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Using our valve it is normally closed and with the normally closed setting it should get 10percent duty cycle at a setting of 10. It sounds like you have normally open valve.