Closed Loop Malfunction

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Danielr96

Closed Loop Malfunction

Post by Danielr96 »

Hi Hondata,

I have recently been having issues where closed loop stops working randomly, usually after a few minutes of driving the closed loop function completely turns off and my s.trim and l.trim "freeze". Then upon restarting the car, closed loop begins to work again, but only to stop working after some time. I have an AEM wideband hooked up to d14, but have also experienced this with it hooked up to d10 (R136 and R138 removed).

I have verified that my wiring is correct and my closed loop settings appear to be correct. What could possibly be the cause to this?

s300 s/n: 38967
Calibration and datalogs attached.
Attachments
Calibration.skl
(42.37 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
Closed Loop Error.s3d
(593.74 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Closed Loop Error 2.s3d
(791.46 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Closed Loop Malfunction

Post by Spunkster »

From Help, About, what is the version of software you are using?
Danielr96

Post by Danielr96 »

Spunkster wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:54 am From Help, About, what is the version of software you are using?

It is version 2.6.7.0
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you tried your ECU in a different vehicle or tried the ECU from another vehicle in in your car. You can try your s300 in their ECU and vice versa.
Danielr96

Post by Danielr96 »

I have not tried using another ecu just yet, I figured I would ask you guys first. I've attached another datalog where the same issue occurs, but this time I got the P0130 O2 sensor check engine light. Maybe this log would give you more insight into the source of the issue?

I'll do further troubleshooting and check back.

Thank you
Attachments
Closed Loop MIL.s3d
(924.46 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
crluver123

Post by crluver123 »

I looked over the datalog and your map and everything seems good except one thing that stood out as abnormal: the cel came on less than half a second after you hit the brakes. The o2 code you got is only supposed to be set if the o2 stays lean for too long (typically 20+ seconds). In your datalog, the code set after a 5 second engine decel then hitting the brakes. Normally I would say check your tps calibration, but that seems fine too.

The only thing that seems like it might be causing an issue is the fact that you're using the d14 input for o2 sensor while still using a wideband that allows a 0-5v signal. The d14 input is only able to process 0v-3.73v. So maybe try reprogramming your wideband (if possible) to only output 0v-3.7v. if you can't program your wideband, move the signal over to D10 and remove/cut resistors R136 and R138. R137 is the middle resistor in these group of 3, and you need to keep R137 installed. This will allow you to use the full range of 0v-5v
portenio78

Post by portenio78 »

I have the very same problem. I have researched this thoroughly and have come across other threads with people that have the same issue. I have tried everything suggested by Hondata and I still have this problem. It is very random. Happens like once a week out of the blue. My tune is spot on so I don’t worry about it when it just goes into open loop. I restart the car and forget about it. Always happens on deceleration for some reason.
creizlein

Post by creizlein »

I second portenio78 reports, for me it happens randomly once at week or even less, I am sure i dont even notice it from time to time, the few times i noticed is when cruising steady and then i read my lambda at 14.9 or 14.8 then i know the CL went off, and a turn-off/on will bring it back to life. its most likely some software issue hard to find without providing Hondata team specific instructions on how to reproduce the issue.
madaxgt

Post by madaxgt »

I also have this issue. I have a S300 V1 using the latest beta software. 2.7.3.0. On a P28 ecu.

Mine happens after/during a tip-out. After throttle tip out i have tps of 0% so CL turns off. Then as i change up a gear also during 0% throttle, CL turns on for a short time (0.9seconds) but no fuel injected. A few secunds later with CL still indicated as off, the short term fuel trim goes to a fixed value of 1% then remains there for the rest of the journey with no closed loop operation. I have also see it go to 2% and stay fixed. As others an ignition cycle fixes it.

I use an AEM wideband on EGRL pin D12. I also have the narrowband still connected which doesnt work nor do I have the O2 heater unchecked. Maybe this could be a cause? Anything from Hondata? as this has to be a software bug or something thats not explained in the manual.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Post your calibration as well as a datalog sowing the issue.
madaxgt

Post by madaxgt »

Sorry for the delay. Its an old calibration and log but it still does it with my current cal which is much better fuelling-wise. I havent had much time to look at it but thinking to turn off fuel cut or alter the delay time and also look at some closed loop settings tps and max min adjustment. If you see anything obvious please let me know.

Issue can be seen at 3:40 in the log.

S300 V1. AEM wideband connected to D12 EGRL pin. B16 with rc550 injectors.
Attachments
motorväg.s3d
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 167 times
civicB16_turbo_RC_550.skl
(47.81 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try using the ELD input instead and see if the problem persists.
Mmx2hq

Post by Mmx2hq »

I have the exact the same problem since I change my kat to a 200 CPI .
And it usually happens in the declaration the ecu goes in the open loop mode and stay until engine restart.

I never have this problem. I made 7000 miles since I installed and calibrated my s300... till now 🙁.
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:11 pm Try using the ELD input instead and see if the problem persists.
I am agreeing with this right here ^^^^^
try connecting wideband through d10 ELD input instead of pin d12. should fix your problem. I don't see any other reason why your CL should shut off. everything looks great
Crx89

Post by Crx89 »

Hi I was wondering if anyone ever got an answer to this problem, I am having the same issue.