boosted h22

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
98boostedlude

boosted h22

Post by 98boostedlude »

i have stock h22 with a turbo, been running for 2 years, little weekend car but i recently started adding more things and modding a little more. a few things i dont understand and hoping i can get some insight on. 1st, if i dont start in 1st gear the car doesnt pull at all, cars i leave buss links on can beat me if i start from a roll in 2nd gear at any rpm. 2nd thing is drag racing, after 3rd gear the car just feels super slow. it is on my own tune. never seen a dyno and i know thats what most will suggest but I dont have one near me and i dont want to fork out the money for it. i was just wondering if this has to do with timing or if some of the issue can be sorted out with timing. throttle response isnt the greatest either. i have my map attached.. any help would be appreciated. I am not familiar with timing, so any input would help before i start messing with it.
Attachments
h22a4 440 rdx.skl
(47.57 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
TTR

Re: boosted h22

Post by TTR »

If you using a stock 97-01 distributor you need to put a timing light on it and go to online, set timing. Leave the value at 16 and see what the timing actually is. It should be around 8 if memory serves me right. Whatever the difference is you need to add that to the whole ignition map high and low cam. The program assumes your starting with 16 so if you only have 8 degrees the timing is actually 8 degrees retarded. The ignition map in your tune is pretty retarded, so those two things combined may explain your problem. Be cautious adding timing in boost, Prelude pistons are VERY weak. You really need a dyno and someone with experience to make sure it will last.
98boostedlude

Post by 98boostedlude »

so when i match up the timing with the light and the ecu, what adjustment should i make? i know thats a far fetched question considering the timing could possibly need retarded or advanced by who knows how many degrees. and please correct me or set me straight but seeing my map the numbers in the timing section are pretty high to me which would be advanced? as adding timing ( making my numbers bigger ) would be advancing my timing, and taking away timing ( making my numbers smaller would be retarding my timing ) correct or do i have that backwards? although as I look in certain areas where id be in, such as 5500 rpms and colum 10 numbers are roughly in the 20's and high teens.... which would be semi retarded numbers. but in the mix there are numbers alot bigger and smaller should i even all that out?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should set it to the factory recommended setting.