Boost by gear table

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
hondaracing84

Boost by gear table

Post by hondaracing84 »

Quick question on the boost by rpm & gear table. So first, there are 3 settings. (Fixed Duty Cycle; Gear Based Duty Cycle; Gear Based Target Boost)
So my question is, if I select Gear Based Duty Cycle, does that mean the values I input in each cell are going to be the Duty cycle for the gear and corresponding rpm? For example, we tuned it to 45% fixed duty cycle. In the cells, if I want the max tuned boost, I would input 45. Correct?
Attachments
boostcontrol-gear.jpg
boostcontrol-gear.jpg (28.78 KiB) Viewed 2122 times
crluver123

Re: Boost by gear table

Post by crluver123 »

correct. Just make sure the activation pressure is at least 2 or 3psi. And then you would do some testing in each gear on a warmer dry day to see when the tires spin. Reduce the value for that gear until the tires stop spinning. And if your torque curve falls in higher rpm, it's normal to have the values gradually increase at higher rpm after peak torque area in order to cause some intentional boost creep, so the torque curve stays flatter for more consistent traction and acceleration in the lower gears.
crluver123

Post by crluver123 »

for example, here is my boost by gear table. My peak torque is at 5800.
boostbygear.png
boostbygear.png (8.56 KiB) Viewed 2103 times
hondaracing84

Post by hondaracing84 »

Good deal. That is what I needed to know. I wanted to make sure the values I put in are duty cycle numbers.
Years ago when I had turbo and messed with these, the software only had fixed and boost by gear. But the values at the time were target boost. I thought they were duty cycle. So I put in like 60% or and it tried to boost that high, but fortunately I had a boost cut at 40psi. I just don't want that to happen again when I put in 45%.
Thank you for the reply.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you have it set to gear based duty cycle then the table will be showing gear vs. duty cycle.
crluver123

Post by crluver123 »

Oh, and a tip, don't put any zeros in the table. I tried that, and compensations kicked in or something and made any area that had lower than a 4 in the table run at 100% duty cycle. That's why you see a lot of 5's in my table above.