Vehicle Specs:
97 Civic
D16Y8
Wiseco Pistons (8.5:1), Eagle Rods, bored to 75.5mm
Brian Crower Stage 2 Turbo Cam
GOAUTOWORKS AC Pro Turbo Kit w/Turbonetics 5454 turbo
ID1050x Injectors
Skunk2 70mm Throttle Body on Skunk2 Black Manifold

I loaded up the basemap provided to me by HAMotorSports and followed the instructions in Hondata to set idle and base timing. On the basemap, with the engine warmed up and the IAC unplugged it idles around 500rpm. Plugging the IAC back in raises idle to around 800. It's running sub 10:1 AFR at idle so I started taking fuel away to get it close to stoi and the idle increased to around 1100rpm. I've double checked base timing and it is indeed set to 16* BTDC. I've tried readjusting the idle and it refuses to idle below 800rpm with the IAC unplugged. If I go back to the basemap, the idle returns to normal. I've attached the basemap to this post. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
adam_hunsicker_ha9986.skl
(45.18 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Idle increase after adjusting fuel trim

Post by Spunkster »

Have you adjusted the slider in the idle parameters?

Do you have the dead times set correctly for the injectors you are using? Does the idle change when electrical load is applied to the vehicle?
adamhunsicker

Re: Idle increase after adjusting fuel trim

Post by adamhunsicker »

Spunkster wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:40 am Have you adjusted the slider in the idle parameters?

Do you have the dead times set correctly for the injectors you are using? Does the idle change when electrical load is applied to the vehicle?
Slider has been adjusted per the instructions found the help file. Dead times are correct. Very little change in idle with full electrical load (headlamps, blower, cooling fans and power windows).

All that having been said, I got it fixed last night. Adjusted the timing in the tables from 16* to 9*. Purrs like a kitten now at 850-900 rpm.