Turbo B18c4 civic issues

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
breakzero

Re: Turbo B18c4 civic issues

Post by breakzero »

Thank for the reply.

Strangely enough I have just been checking a previous map, from when the EXACT same setup, was on my friends car.
The injector dead times are different even though the injectors are the same.

I'm guessing changing these dead times now would mean the whole map would be off and the car would need to be tuned again?

Why do you think the car ran OK for a month or so and the issue only occurred recently?
2x0

Post by 2x0 »

Ideally, yes after adjusting dead times you would retune your fuel tables. But in reality changing them will have a negligible affect on anything except idle and maybe cruising AFR.

But, dead times being off should not be causing the car to not start at all suddenly. Could be any number of things. Double check all of your parameters to make sure nothing else looks off. Some things do not translate properly when downloading from ecu, especially when going between different versions of Smanager. The calibration could be corrupted.

I had this happen on mine and it turned out the dead times and injector phasing were way off after an update.
'91 CRX, B18c1, T3/T4, 17psi on e85, FIC 1000cc's, S300 V3 P28
breakzero

Post by breakzero »

Thanks for the reply 2x0.
I had the car checked by a tuner a few days ago. He discovered it was a faulty map sensor.
Car runs and drives good again now. However after parking up earlier and key in position1 noticed the CEL blinking code 3. Map sensor.
But I get no code on hondata mobile app when connected or cel on the dash when the car runs.
Why is this?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Are you getting the error with a working map sensor or with the faulty one?
breakzero

Post by breakzero »

Spunkster, cleared the error code. It must have been left on there after all the testing and diagnosis. Hasn't come back. All sorted. For now... the civic turbo adventure continues.