s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Javcolin

TPS Signal dropping

Post by Javcolin »

Hi,

ECU: P28 running latest S300 board V3
Smanager: 2.5.2.0
car, Civic SI 2000 B16a2 bostted on Precision CEA 6062

A while ago my car experienced some weird issue, it would not rev past 3000 rpm. and some times it would rev just fine, so i replaced my tps with the blox one, which was working good.

Although i noticed that almost every day the tps min and max readings changed a little. I usually checked the TPS readings before i upload a new revision from tuner.

well, i did one 3rd gear pull after that i let the car cool downi was about to test the launch control. but the car never rev past 2000 rpm, so i started to check, for rev cut, safety parameter etc. till i decided to re-scale the TPS and noticed that the min reading was -35 and max was 60. i disconnected the tps plug and got same exact readings so i though TPS was shot.

went back home checked tps voltage and notice it was low around 3.8 so i got a healthy TPS installed it as per honda instructions setting voltages as follows. .6 v closed and 4.6 or so full open, at fully closed couldn´t make it to go any lower.

anyway all seemed to be good, so i started to do some 3rd gear pulls, and noticed that after each pull, i had to re sacale the tps as after some revs, 6k or so tps signal started to get lower. it starts let´say at 100% and end the pull at 89%

at my last pull the TPS never reached 100% it started of 83% or thereabouts

i just got a fresh new TPS calibrate it, but at TB fully closed the voltage reading was .762 at fully open is at 4.6 volts, before i start doing some more 3rd gear pulls to get the full tune dial in, i want to know if there is something else that would be affecting or wearing out my TPS

attached. calibration and a few datalogs for each 3rd gear pull. first one WOT W-M is the calibration with the blox TPS that i replaced, the others are with the healthy TPS, ignore the boost as i had a hose leak that later i fixed, notice how on every pull i had to re-scale the TPS and on last one it never reaches 100%

If any one can help me find the issue will highly appreciate it.

Thanks
Attachments
MET03.s3d
(504.08 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
MET002.s3d
(373.46 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
MET01.s3d
(540.3 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
WOT W-M Ok.s3d
(950.58 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
Javier_B16_1300cc_Meth_Rev02-scaled.skl
(51.18 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Last edited by Javcolin on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Javcolin

Re: TPS Signal dropping

Post by Javcolin »

Sorry,

could not upload the rest of the files, so here we go. on these files boost leak was corrected,

Thanks
Attachments
WOT6.s3d
(333.08 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
WOT5.s3d
(457.77 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
WOT04.s3d
(411.46 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
Johnny_9

Post by Johnny_9 »

i got the same problem; i suspect it is a electrical system/wiring issue - loose connector or corrosion / crud in the pins. take note signal ground is shared between several sensors and tracking it down may be time consuming affair.
Last edited by Johnny_9 on Thu May 05, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Javcolin

Post by Javcolin »

well that is a good start, will do that first.

Thanks
Johnny_9

Post by Johnny_9 »

Any fans motor (radiator, condensor, blower) which is on their way out could also be the culprit - "on the verge of failing" motors/bearings will place an inordinate current draw on the electrical system which then pulls down the 5V reference signal to the TPS
Last edited by Johnny_9 on Thu May 05, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
excaliburcombo

Post by excaliburcombo »

Are you using converter hardness? Last time i having this TPS erratic reading due to converter hardness.
shiroitenshi

Post by shiroitenshi »

Just sharing this here.
Had this issue on a few cars. In my experience, it's roughly 80 percent of the time bad TPS, and 20% of the time, the TPS connection near the ECU (pin/harness)
Johnny_9

Post by Johnny_9 »

excaliburcombo wrote:Are you using converter hardness? Last time i having this TPS erratic reading due to converter hardness.
Does the converter harness have any soldering? If the wrong type of solder flux (acidic) was used, it would corrode over time and lead to higher resistance. You go to some shops to buy flux and there is no information, label whatsoever on the flux......