Hondata Problem

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
skullbasher

Hondata Problem

Post by skullbasher »

Had the wierdest thing happen to me today. My car was running a lil funny at idle so I adjusted it, then out of no where after driving one block, the car shut off on me. No matter how many times i cranked it, it wouodnt turn on. I closed and opened my laptop and the program didnt want to function properly. It said that it was "out of date" and just this morning it was working fine. Luckily for me I had data left so I updated the program as I was stuck on the side of the road, re-opened the program and the car turned on without hesitation. How did the program know that it was out of date without me turning on the wifi?? Does it update on its own?? If I didnt have data left I would have had to pay for a tow truck. Almost got hit by a semi too which was unecessary. Could you please explain what occured? If it's going to happen again later down the road then that means I'm gonna have to carry my laptop 24/7 which really sucks and always have data. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
skullbasher

Re: Hondata Problem

Post by skullbasher »

Like did it hack a random wifi signal all on its own (even though I had it shut off) when I pulled over to adjust the idle, purposely upload a messed up code, then leave me screwed basically forcing me to update the program right there and then? I felt like that's what happened...
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is the serial number on the s300 board inside the ECU?

From Help, About, what is the version of software you are using?
skullbasher

Post by skullbasher »

Ill get the serial number when Im back home but was running the software before this newer one thats out now. But that wasnt my concern. How did it know that it was out of date and why did it shut my car off randomly. Wouldnt it be safer to just let me know that I need to update it without forcing my car/software to shut off out of no where? Im guessing hackers can turn my car off now that it has blutooth.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The s300 will not shut down based on a date. It also does not have wifi.
Hondata