Advanced Protection - More Strategies (quantity, 8 inputs)

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Sir[Kneighf]

Advanced Protection - More Strategies (quantity, 8 inputs)

Post by Sir[Kneighf] »

Hello

I'm currently tuning a Honda Prelude with a H22A with a GT3582R.
The dattaloging chain I'm building is as follows, and I would like to use the sensor inputs as advanced protections.

1xWideband (can be configured in normaly in protection)
4xEGT's (one per primary) (temp too high = CUT)
1xOil Pressure (Too Low = CUT)
1xOil Temp (Too High = CUT)
1xFuel Pressure (Deviation over x% = CUT)
1xWater Met CUT (using AEM WM injection) (Failsafe ON, voltage is sent = CUT)

Now the problem starts, Smanager or S300 (is it a software or a hardware limitation?) only allows to use 2 advanced protection strategies, and I would like to use all these sensors as protections.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Advanced Protection - More Strategies (quantity, 8 inputs)

Post by Spunkster »

You can't use them all with protection. You will have to choose the ones you feel are most important and use those. You could technically use up to 4 inputs depending on how you setup the advanced protections settings.
Sir[Kneighf]

Post by Sir[Kneighf] »

Thanks Spunkster, but that does not answer my question.
Is it possible for the hardware of the S300 V3 to do it, it being a software limitation and thus can it be adressed in the future?
Sir[Kneighf]

Post by Sir[Kneighf] »

I would like a defenitive reply, please!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We will look to see if is possible to increase the number of protection inputs.
Hondata
Sir[Kneighf]

Post by Sir[Kneighf] »

Thank you very much!
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

you could build yourself a OR gate setup and put varistors(variable Resistor) in between the output of each gauge to tune a specific output voltage that would go into said gate, an or gate works like this...

input to OR Gate> oil pressure (over 90psi) outputs 3v
input to OR Gate> oil temp (over 300 deg F) outputs 4v
Input to AND gate> TPS sensor over 4v (means Wide Open Throttle)||||||||AND gate combines TPS and ||||||||||OR gate receives inputs
input to AND gate> wideband over 2v (voltage increases as you get leaner)|Wideband to a single input to OR gate>|and outputs a specific voltage
input to OR gate> whatever else

So all of these inputs have different voltages the cool thing is that there is a range that OR gates operate on http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_4/chpt_3/10.html visit this site to get a picture of it, so say that the minimum input voltage necessary is 2v and you don't want to trigger the or gate until you reach say 90PSI oil pressure, you'll have to add a resistor in front of the OR gate input to bring that 3v@90PSI down to 2v@90PSI using the VARistor, the theory behind all this is that you can build a circuit with many different inputs but only one output thus only using 1 input on the hondata computer but having built a system that can have an unlimited number of inputs for protection. the AND gate for the wideband and TPS is so when your only at full or 80% throttle AND going lean then it will kick the AND gate and the OR gate into operation and produce a CUT voltage. hope this was helpful you might be able to find a company that can build you what you need, it may exists in a module already out there in the world, I'll look around and see if I can locate something like this already, otherwise you could probably buy a test circuit board and the necessary components and solder it all up, the only reason i suggested varistors is that they are very modular to find the specific resistance you need then you could replace it with a more permanent resistor, but if you ever replaced the sensor with a different one the voltage range might change on you.
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

https://www.sparkfun.com/categories/103

this site is all about building logic boards i'm sure you could build exactly what you needed using these things and then have 1 output into the hondata system like a target voltage and above would trigger protection
Lyle_57IAL

Post by Lyle_57IAL »

Yes i listed a thred about this exact same issue.
https://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19&t=18431

Can this be added to the software ? and when can we expect it?
Sir[Kneighf]

Post by Sir[Kneighf] »

Thanks Forevertrj, that is exactly what we are building.
An anxiliary board, receiving all sensors input that will make a single "Advanced Fail Safe" output.

Wideband - Hondata already makes this trough the O2 pin
ECT - Hondata has this covered in protection

It's also a huge disapointment that the Digital Inputs cannot be used for more than datalog!
I would want to make the complete chain digital in order to avoid eletric noise or signal loss... :/

The rough squematic
Lyle_57IAL

Post by Lyle_57IAL »

This looks great ! I would totally buy one ! when would they be available? and how would this intergrate to the factory ecu / hondata

Lyle
Lyle_57IAL

Post by Lyle_57IAL »

Any update on this hondata admin !?
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

they have more protection inputs but they are all based off RPM and MAP pressure, i don't know why they don't have more functionality like if D10 input is > or = to 3.4 volts aka a lean condition, limp the ecu, or even just having on or off conditions for all the inputs like bksw, A/C, and more.
Lyle_57IAL

Post by Lyle_57IAL »

No Hondata does include Lean out protection.

However hondata REALLY NEEDS TO GET WITH THE TIMES !!!! and include extra protections for the extra analogue inputs provided on the new series boards.

Same sort of engine cut they have built already for over boost or lean out protect etc but for the logged analogue inputs

Eg
Low oil pressure = Cut
Low fuel pressure = Cut
High EGT = Cut
High Oil Temp = Cut
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

All four examples you've given are possible with the existing software. Am I missing something?

eg. Low oil pressure. Enable advanced protection with rpm > 2000 and oil pressure input < 30 psi
Hondata