Launch Control Wiring with Clutch switch

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
mjalaly

Launch Control Wiring with Clutch switch

Post by mjalaly »

I am creating my own wiring harness for a custom set up and i need to wire in a clutch switch for launch control. Will i run into any issues wiring it like shown in the attachment? Also i plan to run a launch control switch to turn it off. Do i just need to wire a +12 switch into an unused pin on the ECU to do this?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (29.3 KiB) Viewed 6104 times
Boost4Breakfast

Re: Launch Control Wiring with Clutch switch

Post by Boost4Breakfast »

.....in that diagram it appears as tho you're "clutch switch" input on B7 will always be engaged as it goes to ground (-) uninterrupted
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes, as pointed out B7 would always be grounded.
Normally a dedicated switch for the launch control / full throttle shift works much better than a starter cut, as the switching point for the ECU switch needs to be close to the clutch engagement point. The starter interlock switch is usually fully down, and doesn't work that well.
Hondata
mjalaly

Post by mjalaly »

OK i am not sure i am following but yes i can see how b7 would always be grounded. I am under the impression that the Launch control needs a clutch switch to work correct? or is it always active under a certain speed? If so i would just need a switch to turn if off and on right?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It all depends on how you have it setup. You can have it always on and it will only activate below a certain speed, or you can set it to be switched to one of the ECU inputs to turn it off and on.
mjalaly

Post by mjalaly »

OK I already have a separate wire from the harness for a launch control switch. Does it need to be 12v from the switch or ground? When it is on, you just hold down the brake and gas right and it does its thing?

Later on if i install traction control, will it work with it ok?
Boost4Breakfast

the brake switch input is the only available (extra) input that can receive 12v+ for triggering IIRC. The other inputs trigger off ground. I trigger my launch control with 12v+ into the brake swtich.... granted I use it for a form of rolling antilag triggering it with my washer switch.
mjalaly

Post by mjalaly »

Ok but can it be triggered off of another input via a ground instead of using the brake switch input? I just don't want it on all the time.
Boost4Breakfast

...yes. If you look in the "launch control" tab, then look at the "activation" options, you can choose different inputs. I used to leave it on all the time. If you set the mph to something low like 6-10mph, you can leave it always on..... just dont launch it at ever stop light
mjalaly

Post by mjalaly »

Cool thanks. I haven't had time to go into the software side of things yet.. maybe i should. Just trying to get the harness set up first.