V3 and CPR rpm problem

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Mafia

V3 and CPR rpm problem

Post by Mafia »

So I just upgraded to the v3 from v1, and installed CPR.

Car starts good, but now my tach rpm is not working. Works on my phone and laptop just not on the spedo.

2000 Integra (obd2)

That blue wire that I depind at the dizzy I just leave it there? Not sure where I went wroung.
Eg 800hp - Track car
Eg 580hp - daily
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: V3 and CPR rpm problem

Post by Spunkster »

Is the tach output wire from the CPR harness connected to the tach wire in the vehicle harness?
Mafia

Post by Mafia »

I don't remember that step(at work right now), so inside the car were 4 wires
Power tapped into ecu power
Ground tapped into ecu ground
Purple pined into ecu (via obd1 harness, old wire removed)
Yellow with red pined into ecu (via obd1 harness, old wire removed)
Eg 800hp - Track car
Eg 580hp - daily
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Mafia

Post by Mafia »

Still don't get what step I'm missing,

On the dizzy side I depind the blue wire and black and yellow wire,
Pinned the power wire and tach wire.

The 2 depind wires are just loose sitting there.
Do I need to connect the blue depind wire to the new pined tach wire?
Eg 800hp - Track car
Eg 580hp - daily
Lazysk8r2

Post by Lazysk8r2 »

Since the car is a 2000 obd2b there is no tach wire at the dizzy. Hondata didnt explain that in the instructions. You need to take the green wire from inside the car and i just T'd mine into the rpm wire which is blue and goes to your cluster.
Street Tuner/Dyno Tuner
Mafia

Post by Mafia »

Thanks!
Eg 800hp - Track car
Eg 580hp - daily
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I was about to tell you this, but first wanted to make sure you had actually connected the blue wire to the CPR harness in the engine bay.
Mafia

Post by Mafia »

Spunkster wrote:I was about to tell you this, but first wanted to make sure you had actually connected the blue wire to the CPR harness in the engine bay.
So I'm now slightly confused,

The blue wire in the engine bay that I depined for the green CPR TACH wire, do I need to connect that blue wire to the CPR TACH wire?

The 2 wires I depined at the dizzy right now are not hooked up to anything.
Lazysk8r2 wrote:Since the car is a 2000 obd2b there is no tach wire at the dizzy. Hondata didnt explain that in the instructions. You need to take the green wire from inside the car and i just T'd mine into the rpm wire which is blue and goes to your cluster.
Sounds like the tach wire to the blue wire by dizzy, there are a lot of blue wires by the ecu.

Sorry for spelling everything out, just don't want to mess anything up.
Eg 800hp - Track car
Eg 580hp - daily
Mafia

Post by Mafia »

And another problem that came up while messing around just now, I can't get my wideband to read good with the ecu, this V3 Is on a new ecu I still have my v1 In my other car now.

On my v1 I had the input via D10 and I had to cut a resister to make it read good with a small volt offset.

On this new ecu with v3 my d10 was reading way off so I decided to use analog 1, I have a inovative mxl wideband so I used the pre set inovative LC-1 they both are use the same volt afr conversion.

Via LC-1 preset I'm at 22 afr (when gauge reads 14.7 at idle)
If I use custom setting and do volt conversion to lambda it reads 7.5 afr (14.7 at the gauge)

I did ground the analog ground wire with no change (not sure if it needs to be grounded).

So what's going on with it? Thank for the help! (I can start a new topic for this new problem if you would like)
Eg 800hp - Track car
Eg 580hp - daily
AREA876

Post by AREA876 »

Try using analog 2 to see if you get a better result. You can use the LM programmer from Innovate to program a set voltage so you can then enter these values using Smanager to set the correct offset. In LM programmer enter a 0 volt for both input to get a flat line. After programming connect Smanager and make note of the Lambda voltage, enter this value in the Lambda conversion table. Do this again but input 5 volt in the LM programmer and enter the noted value in Smanager. This should allow both Smanager and mxl wideband to display same values. It should be like this
Noted voltage = 7.35
Noted voltage = 22.39
Noted voltage = 22.39