randomly lean

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Lazysk8r2

Re: randomly lean

Post by Lazysk8r2 »

So last night i was messing with my car and tried to start it and it shut off. This time however, i heard a loud humming coming from my engine. Tracked it down to the IAC. Unplugged it and started car held throttle and it stayed running. Very strange we will see what happens, going to leave it unplugged and drive it.
Street Tuner/Dyno Tuner
Lazysk8r2

Post by Lazysk8r2 »

So came back today started and died with IAC unplugged. What would be causing interference with my injectors im guessing.
Street Tuner/Dyno Tuner
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

With IAC unplugged it will not idle properly and if it dies then your idle needs to be properly adjusted so it idles at about 550 rpm with the IAC unplugged.
Lazysk8r2

Post by Lazysk8r2 »

i had already done that in the past so it was set. However i would give it gas and it would die instantly or slowly die on its own. Something is weird electrical im assuming but everything looks fine. Later that night it did start up and stay running and i was able to drive it around the block. I tried wiggling all my wires and everything couldnt get it to do the lean and die thing. It just does it whenever it wants.
Street Tuner/Dyno Tuner
Rosky

Post by Rosky »

I have your exact same issue.. been trying to fix it for over 4 years lol honestly just sorta been working around it and pretty much gave up on the car but my wife wants me to finish it so I'm trying to get rid of this exact issue your having right now..

The first time I managed to work around this was I had FiC 900cc injectors and i set them to 895cc from 1000cc(with correct dead times supplied by FiC).. and it sorta helped fix it. seeing that anything electrical in the car would cause it to lean out (turning the lights on, hitting the breaks, coolent fan etc etc would make it go from 13.5afr to 17.00+) and eventually the car would die and the only work around for this was just to turn everything electrical on in the car and just tune it that way but as soon as you turn anything off it would die.. that was just my temp fix.

Now I'm back at it again with a new build with 2150cc injectors and I'm trying to really defeat this issue because I want the car to run the way it suppose to without all rigged bullcrap.

here's my build 88 Honda Crx
LS-Vtec Turbo Gt35r.
Gsr Cams, PnP head +3 Angle, Ferrea Springs Retainers, Sk2 Intake.
Sleeved Block, Wiseco pistons, Eagle Rods.
Gsr dizzy, odb1 harness
s300 v2
Innovate Wideband
Hondata Boost control solenoid
Full size battery
And some more stuff I cant think of. My old setup was straight LS B18 with some of the same parts

Here's what Ive done to look for the issue.
Removed engine harness closely inspected all grounds and wires fixed anything that was a miss.
added more grounds to the car expanding all over the car from back to front.
Tried a new Ecu and a new s300 unit.
Completely removed the entire dash and check every ground and wire I possible could.
Removed/replaced fuses 1 by 1, headlights, radio, instrument lights, etc etc basically anything that wasn't needed to drive the car period
Changed where the injectors get their power from.
Changing battery to multiple different sizes.
New alternator, and another new alternator with amps cranked up(neither helped)
Changed/replaced any sensor with new sensors.

Sat for hours played with dead times it seems to work but it only moves the problem back or forth for example if the lights are off the car would run at 13.x afr as it warms the afr raises more and more and messing with anything electrical would cause it to die, now play with deadtimes +/- across 8-16v lights off car will run at 10.x afr for a bit and studder and shutoff, warmed up with lights on car will run at 14.x afr and remain fine unless you turned off anything electrical than it dies. tried several settings that have worked for other cars with the same injectors non of it worked.
I'm sure its the dead times being the problem no matter how I adjust them I have to add or take away too much fuel across the tables to keep it running it seems nearly 60%+/- and the closest I've got to it being where its suppose to be under an electrical load with lights on, once it reaches fan temp the afr drop a ton more and the car just dies.

I have spent over $4000 trying to fix this issue and trying to work around it because no one knows how to fix it or where its coming from.
Car has only been in 2 different well respected tuner hands that can tune anything from Hondas to exotics and so on.

Not trying to thread jack or anything but Really Really need help troubleshooting this issue I thought I fixed it in the past but all I did was swept it under the rug. I do not have base map on this computer but I send it whenever I get to an laptop with the tune on it.
Attachments
CrxFic.skl
If anyone has a basemap or anything I can try differently will be much appreciated
(39.54 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Lazysk8r2

Post by Lazysk8r2 »

I just solved my problem over the weekend. My Hondata 4 bar went bad. As my car was just on but not running the sensor was reading -22. plugged in a good one and read 0.2 car started up and ran smooth. i can post a video later of it reading wrong if anyone wants to see it.
Street Tuner/Dyno Tuner
Rosky

Post by Rosky »

Ah checked mines and swapped it out just in case still having the same issue I'm pretty much defeated at this point.