s300v3 issues with on-board datalog

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: s300v3 issues with on-board datalog

Post by Spunkster »

When you activate the switch to start datalogging, does the red light come on inside the s300?
EH3-R

Post by EH3-R »

Red light flashes (rapidly) when datalog switch is activated.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Has on-board datalogging ever worked for you?
EH3-R

Post by EH3-R »

No, it never worked.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Where are you checking for the datalogs that have been recorded?
EH3-R

Post by EH3-R »

Let me rephrase.

On board datalog records, however I have yet to have a valid read based on on board data. I know my sensors are good because live/smanager datalog works, sensors are functioning as expected. On board datalogs are saved from the info drop down.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Has J12 been cut on the ECU?

Can you post some of these datalogs that have been made?
V-Spec race development

Post by V-Spec race development »

I have the same issue when using on board datalog. Has this issue been fix?
AREA876

Post by AREA876 »

V-Spec race development wrote:I have the same issue when using on board datalog. Has this issue been fix?
Problem still exist, is best to use a PC for data logging as the current on board datalogs can be miss leading, example did a on board datalog using my AC switch as the trigger got home connected my laptop retrieved datalog from ECU, datalog showed negative reading for both TPS and IGN, please note my TPS and IGN maps are fine car drives and idles perfectly. Did two another datalog this time clearing all previous logs, drove the car and started the on board log in one direction turn stop the log by unpressing AC switch and immediately pressed it again to start the log in the opposite direction, when viewing the logs there was a noticable difference in my IAT and ECT first log showed 120 IAT and 188 ECT at the end of log and 107 IAT and 164 ECT at the start of the second log and remember switch was actived in less than a second
V-Spec race development

according to my datalog my vss read over 300mph, tps showing -8 to -10 negative values in certain area, Oil pressure, fuel pressure showing really low psi reading but if using laptop to datalog pressures shows normal. Hondata serial number 32081.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

V-Spec race development: What version of software are you using, and have you uploaded using that version to the ECU then erased datalogs? We can offer a RMA for you, but about 95% of these types of problems are solved by using the latest software and uploading the calibration again.
Hondata
AREA876

Post by AREA876 »

AREA876 wrote:
V-Spec race development wrote:I have the same issue when using on board datalog. Has this issue been fix?
Problem still exist, is best to use a PC for data logging as the current on board datalogs can be miss leading, example did a on board datalog using my AC switch as the trigger got home connected my laptop retrieved datalog from ECU, datalog showed negative reading for both TPS and IGN, please note my TPS and IGN maps are fine car drives and idles perfectly. Did two another datalog this time clearing all previous logs, drove the car and started the on board log in one direction turn stop the log by unpressing AC switch and immediately pressed it again to start the log in the opposite direction, when viewing the logs there was a noticable difference in my IAT and ECT first log showed 120 IAT and 188 ECT at the end of log and 107 IAT and 164 ECT at the start of the second log and remember switch was actived in less than a second
I have been using version 2.5.0 with S300v3 and the problem still exist even after clearing logs, it doesn't show up right away but mostly happens if I turn off laptop and then turn back on and connect to ECU which has a recorded log on it.
V-Spec race development

Hondata wrote:V-Spec race development: What version of software are you using, and have you uploaded using that version to the ECU then erased datalogs? We can offer a RMA for you, but about 95% of these types of problems are solved by using the latest software and uploading the calibration again.
I will let u know when I get a chance to do a longer datalogged sir. I have 1 log today but it was short maybe less than 10 seconds and so far looks normal. I deleted all previous logs and I am running the latest version 2.5.1 software.
V-Spec race development

Hondata wrote:V-Spec race development: What version of software are you using, and have you uploaded using that version to the ECU then erased datalogs? We can offer a RMA for you, but about 95% of these types of problems are solved by using the latest software and uploading the calibration again.
Just got home from work and pulled datalog off ecu and the problem still exist. VSS read 141983mph. What do I need to do for u to offer an RMA for my s300v3? Thank you in advance.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Call or email support@hondata.com with details
Hondata