launch control settings.

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
i4ni420

launch control settings.

Post by i4ni420 »

Hello everyone,
So a buddy of mine got his car tuned the other day and the tuner set up his 2step which pops cracks and shoots some pretty gnarly flames. His engine is a naturally aspirated b18c. When I inquired about the setting he said there is 0 fuel enrichment and was all ignition.so the last few days I been browsing forums and I cannot rly find anyone with a NA shooting flames with zero fuel added..just wondering if this healthy or not. Also what kind of AFR's should be expected for a NA while doing so? 13:1- 12.5 ish?.
i4ni420

Re: launch control settings.

Post by i4ni420 »

Or am I totally off here, and fuel is not needed ?
excaliburcombo

Post by excaliburcombo »

Need EGT gauge to monitor exhaust gas temp when retard ignition/add fuel. if too hot your valve will melt from my reading.
i4ni420

Post by i4ni420 »

Yes thank you, I understand this. Doing it for too long is a no no. But I'm wondering if lack of fuel or timing is harmful aswell? Does it matter if rich or lean conditions ? Does less fuel = more bang and pop? I just would like more information on the these 2 settings and other people's experience with numbers like 0 fuel and -25 timing?
excaliburcombo

Post by excaliburcombo »

retard timing make fuel burn outside combustion chamber. add more fuel will make flame. this 2 step function help to spool turbo. It also raise EGT. If your NA there is no gain doing it.
Maters

Post by Maters »

Sorry to bump an old thread but what rpm &timing settings was he running to pop flames, cheers.