Datalogging Issues....

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
JKOBD

Datalogging Issues....

Post by JKOBD »

S300 V2, 2.2.7.0 version. P28 ecu. 2000 Civic, B-series, turbo. No CELs. Car will datalog when F9 is pressed. Car connects no problem with F10. Datalog does not drop out during idle or during a run with the laptop in the car connected. Car made passes last week and recorded to 10,500 rpm no issues.

Previously and now, car will datalog based on engine parameters.

I am attempting to install a switch now for datalogging. I have wired one side of a toggle switch to B5 and the other side to ground. I have attempted inverted the input and not. I have also tried B8; same wiring and also inverted the input and not.

I have attempted to use the "always on" function and it will not record.

The only way to get it to record is using engine parameters or pressing F9.

Thoughts?
9.72@146 Street Car

www.JKOBD.com
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Datalogging Issues....

Post by Spunkster »

Make sure that the on-board datalogging memory isn't full. Delete all recordings just to be sure. I just tested both B5 and B8 using version 2.2.7 and it is functioning properly.
JKOBD

Post by JKOBD »

That is correct. Unchecked enabled datalog, deleted all logs, checked enable datalog and saved and uploaded. Still nothing.
9.72@146 Street Car

www.JKOBD.com
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Do you have the laptop connected and are you datalogging with the laptop when you are trying these inputs?
JKOBD

Post by JKOBD »

The laptop is connected and each attempt at datalogging has been while flipping the switch and looking at the graph. In addition, after doing so I have looked in the datalog files to see if a new file has been generated.

I have not attempted to remove the laptop and drive, flip switch on/off and install laptop to see if a file has been saved.
9.72@146 Street Car

www.JKOBD.com
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

When it is using on-board datalogging you will not see anything in the graph until after you stop datalogging and then download the saved datalog.
JKOBD

Post by JKOBD »

That was what I knew was true also and therefore the reason I checked it afterwards. I will attempt to clear all datalogs, save and upload again and remove the laptop. I'll drive and flip the switch and log to see if it saved anything.

Thanks for your help.
9.72@146 Street Car

www.JKOBD.com
JKOBD

Post by JKOBD »

Ok so I tried it with the laptop connected and flipping the switch and then run it for 10 secs and shut off and attempted to pull the log and nothing was there.

I disconnected the laptop and tried the same thing. A log was generated and stored. Works every time I've tried it without the laptop connected.

Thanks for your help!
9.72@146 Street Car

www.JKOBD.com