Computer blue screens when hondata USB connected..

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
b20luda

Computer blue screens when hondata USB connected..

Post by b20luda »

Im using a new Dell computer with Windows 7, when connecting to Hondata the computer will sometimes blue screen and force a restart.. I have tried another computer also using windows 7, and it does the same thing.

It seems to happen most when starting the car.. but it has happened at other random times as well..

My old laptop with XP seems to work fine, is there something i can do or change to help this, i've tryed running in compatibility mode and it still does it.

Anyone else having issues?... This computer is only a couple months old, and the other i used is about a year old.. both work fine otherwise.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Computer blue screens when hondata USB connected..

Post by Hondata »

With the S300 connected, open the control manager and uninstall the USB drivers. Make sure to check 'remove driver files' too. Then unplug, replug and manually install the drivers from the SManager directory.
Hondata
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

Hondata wrote:With the S300 connected, open the control manager and uninstall the USB drivers. Make sure to check 'remove driver files' too. Then unplug, replug and manually install the drivers from the SManager directory.
Is there another way to do this without the S300 connected? It blue screens before i can do all this..
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

With the s300 disconnected:

1. Download the FTDI uninstaller from here

2. Open the downloaded zip file and run 'CDMuninstallerGUI'

3. It should ask you for administrator access.

4. Change the product ID to F5FA and click 'Add'

5. Click 'Remove Devices' It should say something about removing drivers.

6. Click 'Close'. It may say something about not installing correctly, but tell it that it worked.

If you then plug in the s300, when it asks for drivers direct it to the SManager directory. Windows 7 often does not even ask you for drivers, so you have to follow the manual driver installation process. See the help file
Hondata
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

Thanks Hondata, it seems to be working now. Do all Windows 7 users have to do this?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

No, it was because the USB drivers are fairly common and shared between different devices. If one other device installs a later version of the drivers then it causes problems. Also I've noticed on Windows 7 if you boot the laptop with the s300 (or KPro) connected it will sometimes blue screen - this is a bug with the USB drivers (which we do not make and therefore can't fix).

Yesterday we just finished the Windows hardware signing hoop jumping process and will supply a newer version of USB drivers for the next release, which should help things for Windows 7 & 8.
Hondata
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

i downloaded this new version, it started blue screening again.. any ideas or suggestions
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

What version?
Hondata
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

b20luda

Post by b20luda »

any ideas guys?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Run the instructions to uninstall the drivers and re-install from the SManager directory.
Hondata