hondata s300 and cpr ISSUES!!!!!!!

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
stevenson_18

hondata s300 and cpr ISSUES!!!!!!!

Post by stevenson_18 »

Ok my car is up at Map in minneapolis, I have the hondata s300 and the hondata cpr on it, they are saying it wont stay live, they can change whatever settings they need and datalog while the car is off but as soon as they turn it on it quits and wont do anything. I could always change my calibrations and get some datalogs from my laptop but the datalogs would flatline, they have checked for interference and checked backfeed on all my wiring, I have tried s300 in another car and it worked flawlessly, the only thing left to question is the hondata cpr, I have check all the grounds and they are all good, could the cpr be causing feedback to the ecu?? I need someones help on this I have tried everything I can think of and they have also tried everything they could think of besides switching back to stock ignition setup, which is what I dont want and why I bought the cpr in the first place! Its also not sparking right on the first cylinder every 8-10 revolutions???? Someone has to have some insight on this. Im also running bkr-11 resistored spark plugs. They said they are using a good sheiled usb cable as well and tried two different laptops off battery power or ac only, i also refues to idle correctly and will stumble and backfire, Mechanical timing is dead on and it runs perfect when your in rpm and under load but the datalogging, live updating and idle are the main problems
shiroitenshi

Re: hondata s300 and cpr ISSUES!!!!!!!

Post by shiroitenshi »

Hondata is on holiday till the 1st.
stevenson_18

Post by stevenson_18 »

ya I know, I think its till the 3rd, but seeing if anyone else has had a problem like this because im going to pick up my car which is 3 hours away the 31st but If I can come up with something else to try that could fix this then I can still have them do a break in and tune it before I go get it
shiroitenshi

Post by shiroitenshi »

no experience with the cpr, so can't help, sorry
stevenson_18

Post by stevenson_18 »

ya im not sure ill get a lot of help but I figured id try
crucian

Post by crucian »

Click on the link and try posting there. Maybe you may get some answers:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t= ... ht=hondata
V-Spec race development

Post by V-Spec race development »

My buddy's cpr works great. Im able to tune and datalog without a problem. Check your settings for cpr in the parameter and double check your installation.
stevenson_18

Post by stevenson_18 »

ive double checked everything, from the sounds of it so has Map, my cpr is working correctly so is the s300, everything is working, they said they are able to make changes and upload calibrations and settings when the key is off, but when they start the car and it is running the s300 wont stay connected or datalog, however it did on my computer just not very well, all the stuff I have researched says usb cable and ground are the two common problems of this and I have check all of my grounds, added grounds and they have tried two different laptops and im guessing they have a good usb cable because they have tuned many cars on s300 before
V-Spec race development

Post by V-Spec race development »

Where did you put your ground at? The best place to use for ground is at the thermostat housing.
stevenson_18

Post by stevenson_18 »

ya I grounded them right to the thermostat, the car starts and runs but its almost like the hondata cpr is causing interference with the s300 and not letting it datalog, I have two hondata s300s a v1 and a v2 both work perfect in other cars and datalog just fine only in my car with the cpr both of them will datalog for a few seconds then freeze or not datalog at all the freeze up
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What has been done to the wiring harness in this car? Are you using teh CPR wiring harness that was supplied with the CPR kit? There are 2 grounds on the CPR kit, one to the ECU inside the vehicle and one to the thrmostat housing, are both connected correctly?
stevenson_18

Post by stevenson_18 »

Yes both grounds are connected correctly and my cpr works fine, my hondata also works fine when the key is on but car is not running. My s300 works perfect in other cars and dataloggs fine too. its a 95 del sol, I relocated the shock tower connectors to the center of the car by the heater core out and the engine bay fuse box has been relocated to behind the passenger seat. I just bought a monster cable usb thats still in the mail with extra rf and emi protection and bought some extra ferrite beads for the usb but its all in the mail still. Theres a 12v starter wire running by the ecu and the fusebox wiring runs by the ecu but when I move the ecu and cpr away from the wiring it makes no difference
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

When you say the grounds are done correctly. where exactly are they located? This sounds like you have created a problem by relocating things and it is causing interference and or ground loops.
stevenson_18

Post by stevenson_18 »

Thermostat ground for the factory ground and cpr, the cpr box goes to the ecu ground 1" away from the ecu connector, I also have chassis ground to the trans and the valve cover the are still isolated to the stock locations besides the battery ground goes to the chassis in the trunk, I was scrolling through old posts and I think the usb cable is the problem, http://hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7849 this sound like the problem I am having, it used to datalog fine, then now it just freezes anywhere from 15 seconds to 1 minute, I bought the monster usb cable and im going to try that I will let you know how it works out, I do appreciate the reply but i cleaned all the grounds and the paint is off and coated with electrical grease where the connection is made to the chassis, is there anything else you think would cause this?
stevenson_18

Post by stevenson_18 »

Spunkster can you tell me if the cpr box could possibly be putting out enough interference that the s300 wont datalog?