Constant engine reving

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
DylanMLT

Constant engine reving

Post by DylanMLT »

My prelude revs from 1000-2000 constantly. How do i fix this from tuning it? I'm new to Hondata and i have the S300 in it. thanks,
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Constant engine reving

Post by Spunkster »

This sounds more like a vacuum leak of some kind. Follow the Factory service manual for setting the idle first then you can fine tune it in the software.
DylanMLT

Post by DylanMLT »

Alright thanks. ill look into it. sometimes my gas pedal stops working randomly. Like if im driving itll go out and i have to pop the clutch and then it takes like a minute to work again.. what could that be?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I'm not sure what you mean exactly....a cable actuated throttle will not be intermittent.
shiroitenshi

Post by shiroitenshi »

DylanMLT wrote:Alright thanks. ill look into it. sometimes my gas pedal stops working randomly. Like if im driving itll go out and i have to pop the clutch and then it takes like a minute to work again.. what could that be?
Sounds like a TPS issue, datalog, if the TPS reads zero the same time as when your gas pedal stops working, it's the DFCO kicking in, resulting in a no fuel condition, but it shouldn't take a minute, in fact, it should be just jerky, unless if you have a faulty TPS that feeds the ECU 0V on the throttle signal line.