S300 runs the car but I cannot connect

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
shanebadoo

S300 runs the car but I cannot connect

Post by shanebadoo »

Hello, though this is my first post here, I had a s300 for about two years. It worked fine and I was able to upload/datalog and tune. I tried to connect for the first time in 4 months and was unable to connect. When I plug it in to the usb port, it is not even making the usual usb sound when something connects via usb. I think I need a rma number. Any help is appreciated.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: S300 runs the car but I cannot connect

Post by Spunkster »

Are the lights coming on inside the ECU on the s300 board? What is the serial number of the s300? From Help, About, WHat version of software are you using? Have you tried a different laptop?
shanebadoo

Post by shanebadoo »

Damn spunkster, that was fast. I'm at work now, I'll post more relevant information when I get home.
shanebadoo

Post by shanebadoo »

UPDATE: Problem seems to have solved itself. I went with the camera getting ready to take pics to post on here. The d2 green led was solid on key on as was the r1 on the corner of the s300 board. I took the blower tool from the air compressor and decided to give one last blowout. Cleaned all connectors with contact cleaner and blew everything dry with the compressor. On connecting the laptop it installed a driver and when I opened the software (version 2.1.1) It connected right away and I am able to datalog and upload/live update. Needless to say, I'm very pleased.

IMG_1824 by shanebadoo, on Flickr

About Hondata screenshot by shanebadoo, on Flickr

IMG_1821 by shanebadoo, on Flickr