S300 V2 Knock Sensor Integra DC2 (German Car) Analog input

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Tralien

S300 V2 Knock Sensor Integra DC2 (German Car) Analog input

Post by Tralien »

Hello,

I have some experience with Hondata Kpro and Kmanager with my Civic Type-R 2005 K20A2. After my baby crashed I bought an Integra DC2. I own this car half a year now and just installed a S300 V2. With my Civic I could use my stock ECU and send it to modify and install Kpro. For the S300 its a bit different, so I have now an ECU from a MB model (P???4 I think, not P28 or P30) which is modded to S300. That must be the problem. My car stock has a knock sensor, but the ECU I used for S300 does not support Knock Sensors. So I had to disable it in the Software, same with ELD. No problem at all, but I now have no more knock sensor.

Ok, i thought I could wire the Knock sensor signal to an analog input of the Hondata. Was easy to realise and now I have the signal as 0-5 Volts signal in my ECU. Thought, that it would be useful when tuning the engine. Justs for tuning the engine and when doing a manual logging. This is nothing that can be used all the time and ecu does not regulate ignition anymore, thats all clear.

Question is now: Can I use this signal to detect the gap to knocking? I have strange signals, with my civic and the kpro I had knock lvl maximum 1,5 volts, raising with more rpm....here on the dc2 signal behaviour is very strange and I ask myself if I can use it or if its totally bu****it.

configuration is:

This map for testing and until tuning:

I used this signal (no 6) to wire to analog input 0 on S300 (the red cable)

This is the configuration of the input:

Logging shows a signal of up th 1,7 volts when cruising, what is in my opinion very close to a knocking engine:

You can see that the stock knock lvl signal shows 5,00 volts always, thats the error when the "home" of your s300 hase no knock sensor support.

When I was driving to highway I got some dropouts of the signal and the logging....

320 Volts is a bit too much for a road car. And these dropouts I still had before. I think I did a mistake or something, but the analog input 0 was not correctly configured, had to reload the map to the ecu, than it worked again....anyway, first logging was without analog input 0 but shows dropouts too:

looks like someone stopped logging hitting the F9 button ?!?
Thats the problem at all, can I trust this signal or is it improved or upgraded from the ecu itself so that you can use it? I think there is a whole knock board with some chips on it on the ECU´s that support it.

Thanks a lot !
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: S300 V2 Knock Sensor Integra DC2 (German Car) Analog inp

Post by Hondata »

You can't log an AC signal (the knock sensor) with an analog input.
Hondata
Tralien

Post by Tralien »

why?
how can I use my knock sensor? dont want to do without? are there sensors with dc signal? can i convert it? can i use a aftermarket knock sensor? need it to tune ignition, dont i?
Johnny_9

Post by Johnny_9 »

Tralien wrote:why?
how can I use my knock sensor? dont want to do without? are there sensors with dc signal? can i convert it? can i use a aftermarket knock sensor? need it to tune ignition, dont i?
Use J&S Safegaurd - they have a knock retard signal 0-5v that can be input into Hondata.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can use the J&S, or just get a ECU that supports knock control and us that with the s300.
Tralien

Post by Tralien »

Johnny_9 wrote:
Tralien wrote:why?
Use J&S Safegaurd - they have a knock retard signal 0-5v that can be input into Hondata.
THAT would be great...any link where I can order it?

Another ECU for S300 wasnt possible, bought it completely in UK...and as I read there is no one that suits my integra with a knock board in it.
Tralien

Post by Tralien »

this one?

2001 Single Monitor (Knock Retard) - 52mm billet $89.00
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »