iacv delete = misfire?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Shepherd-D16

iacv delete = misfire?

Post by Shepherd-D16 »

hello, ive deleted my iacv on my d16z6 and now my motor has a terrable misfire/splutter untill it gets up to temp/hot once its there its spot on but up untilll then its bad. im running the s300 on a p28 with no problems, but since the delete its done this. ive turned the CEL off and i wonder if i have to change the idle settings ? as it runs mega rich untill hot :/. cheers for any replys
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: iacv delete = misfire?

Post by Spunkster »

Why did you remove the IACV?
Johnny_9

Post by Johnny_9 »

Shepherd-D16 wrote:hello, ive deleted my iacv on my d16z6 and now my motor has a terrable misfire/splutter untill it gets up to temp/hot once its there its spot on but up untilll then its bad. im running the s300 on a p28 with no problems, but since the delete its done this. ive turned the CEL off and i wonder if i have to change the idle settings ? as it runs mega rich untill hot :/. cheers for any replys

ecu is program to open the IACV when cold; no iacv = rich
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The IACV is the idle controller. This is what helps your car have a stable idle.

Has this been professionaly tuned?
Shepherd-D16

Post by Shepherd-D16 »

thanks for your replys, the iacv was removed as my car is right hand drive and i have clearence issues with the skunk2 IM and my brake byus on the bulkhead. idle is now controlled by the adjuster on the TB and holda a steady idle no problem. the missfire issue has been solved turns out the dizzy was at fault. car isnt tuned at all its d16z6 running on the " stock " map on the s300 with my own limmiter and LC settings ect. car gets a stead 13/14 afr in 3rd gear at WOT. from what i understand that is fine?

ps. cold starts just need 30 seconds on the throttle and she'l idle sweet at 1k rpms.

thanks again for your replys

im still geting to grips with the s300 and AEM uego wideband " d14 connection"
Johnny_9

Post by Johnny_9 »

get the T1R IACV adaptor plate and relocated your IACV - what does car feel like on decel fuel cut? like hitting a brick wall? if not you have a vacumm leak..
Shepherd-D16

Post by Shepherd-D16 »

ill look into the adaptor plate for when i go turbo. erm decel? you mean when i shut off the throttle or LC or normal limiter? either way when i shut off or hit fuel cut it does hit a wall. thanks for your reply/ question
Johnny_9

Post by Johnny_9 »

Shepherd-D16 wrote:ill look into the adaptor plate for when i go turbo. erm decel? you mean when i shut off the throttle or LC or normal limiter? either way when i shut off or hit fuel cut it does hit a wall. thanks for your reply/ question
decel fuel cut = foot off the throttle :-) advantage: save money on brake pads !
Shepherd-D16

Post by Shepherd-D16 »

aaa i understand now, i allways engine brake anyway, i get meny more miles on disks and pads then my friends :).