Ignition Compensation

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
VT-Doo

Ignition Compensation

Post by VT-Doo »

Hi,

Can the Ignition Compensation Parameters be used to limit wheel spin in lower gears the same way Boost by RPM & Gear works?

i.e. Once I've finished my build I know I'll have my hands full from 1st to 3rd gear. Can I retard the timing in those gears to help with traction?

My main concern in doing this is the effect on ignition at idle and cruising in slow moving traffic where a lower gear is required.

If this can't work properly, is it possible to have an "Ignition by RPM & Gear" parameter ?
...And perhaps a "Fuel by RPM & Gear" parameter ?

Thanks,
Ian

Morris Mini (B18C-R)
Honda Civic Type R (FD2)
Honda Civic Type R (FK2)
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Ignition Compensation

Post by Spunkster »

No, it will just limit all power in that gear. You will be much better off just controlling the throttle yourself if you detect wheel spin.
VT-Doo

Post by VT-Doo »

If I retard the timing in 1st gear will this have an effect on the idle?
Ian

Morris Mini (B18C-R)
Honda Civic Type R (FD2)
Honda Civic Type R (FK2)
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will have to try it and see if you get the desired results.
surfingsk8r

Post by surfingsk8r »

Spunkster wrote:No, it will just limit all power in that gear. You will be much better off just controlling the throttle yourself if you detect wheel spin.
Actually that is not really correct. You can use the nitrous control settings to adjust ignition timing per gear at various boost levels, if you set the parameters up correctly you can have it be active between x speeds and also between x MAP readings, so it wont interfere with your idle or part throttle driving. To get the by gear you would have to use each nitrous control for each gear so 1 for 1 and so on. Only other thing you would have to do is figure out what your speed parameters are in a given rpm range while going down the track which can be determined by datalogs. Also set the input to always on. Hope this helps. Good luck.
VT-Doo

Post by VT-Doo »

surfingsk8r wrote:
Spunkster wrote:No, it will just limit all power in that gear. You will be much better off just controlling the throttle yourself if you detect wheel spin.
Actually that is not really correct. You can use the nitrous control settings to adjust ignition timing per gear at various boost levels, if you set the parameters up correctly you can have it be active between x speeds and also between x MAP readings, so it wont interfere with your idle or part throttle driving. To get the by gear you would have to use each nitrous control for each gear so 1 for 1 and so on. Only other thing you would have to do is figure out what your speed parameters are in a given rpm range while going down the track which can be determined by datalogs. Also set the input to always on. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Thank you !
Ian

Morris Mini (B18C-R)
Honda Civic Type R (FD2)
Honda Civic Type R (FK2)