fault with s300 module

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
rudebwoy

fault with s300 module

Post by rudebwoy »

my s300 ecu has 2 lights lit. red light by the USB connection, and green light in the back, when I connect to my computer it does not detect that there is a device connected, I tried updating the s-manager nothing happen, cheked device manager nothing, update drivers nothing. what could this be and can I fix it?
Last edited by rudebwoy on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: computer not detecting ECU

Post by Spunkster »

Who socketed your ECU?
rudebwoy

Post by rudebwoy »

I did, certified mechanic 11 years working experience.
the ecu worked for 3 years without an issue, switched to a new car and now it has issues, first it did not work at all, then I checked the connection, and it was not properly connected to the sockets, connect it now it works with a red light and no usb recognition, the previous car had a wreck don't think that caused the problem.
rudebwoy

Post by rudebwoy »

can someone give me some useful information please.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Can you try the S300 in a known working ECU? There may be damage from the accident.
rudebwoy

Post by rudebwoy »

Yeah I can do that need to order a new socketing kit,
would removing the j1 jumper and reinstalling it reset the problem if the ecu is not fried?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No it will not reset the ECU.
rudebwoy

Post by rudebwoy »

pinpointed the problem today, I tested the hondata in a working ecu, same problem, I also tested a working hondata in my ecu, and the problem was gone. the s300 is burned.
is this repairable? is it warrantied? if not how much will it cost? how do I send it in to get repaired?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What exactly is burned on the s300?
rudebwoy

Post by rudebwoy »

Spunkster wrote:What exactly is burned on the s300?
I have no clue, the s300 is just not working, swapped out the ecu and still not working, will not recognise the laptop, and solid red light, fuel pumps goes crazy when the ignition is turned to acc2 for the pumps to prime. (note this is not a problem with the pumps relays or ecu itself)I isolate these items by testing with a known working ecu, and also a known working hondata inside my ecu. I also put my ecu and hondata inside a known working car. still the same problem. not a socketing problem either.
is there a way to reset the hondata to stock? I know other companies have this option for when there is an error with management itself. a jumper or something of that sort.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: fault with s300 module

Post by Spunkster »

Please email support<at> hondata.com with a description of the problem, your serial number and a link to this thread and we will assist you from there.
crucian

Post by crucian »

rudebwoy wrote:
Spunkster wrote:What exactly is burned on the s300?
I have no clue, the s300 is just not working, swapped out the ecu and still not working, will not recognise the laptop, and solid red light, fuel pumps goes crazy when the ignition is turned to acc2 for the pumps to prime. (note this is not a problem with the pumps relays or ecu itself)I isolate these items by testing with a known working ecu, and also a known working hondata inside my ecu. I also put my ecu and hondata inside a known working car. still the same problem. not a socketing problem either.
is there a way to reset the hondata to stock? I know other companies have this option for when there is an error with management itself. a jumper or something of that sort.
Hey rude, good luck with getting your car running again.
ian_b18c

Post by ian_b18c »

has this issue been resolved?
rudebwoy wrote:my s300 ecu has 2 lights lit. red light by the USB connection, and green light in the back, when I connect to my computer it does not detect that there is a device connected
rudebwoy wrote: I tested the hondata in a working ecu, same problem, I also tested a working hondata in my ecu, and the problem was gone.
i too just had the same problem. The ecu had been working for about 1 year. Then yesterday with the laptop connected to the ecu and the car running fine, it stalled and the computer > s300 connection stopped. The car will start and run (barely) with a solid cel but it is not running off the s300 calibration.
tsikisevo8

Post by tsikisevo8 »

i have the same problem red light and no conection to s300...can we fix the problem or there is no hope?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you have a problem, please create your own thread or email support with the problem. Adding your problem to someone esles thread makes it harder to figure out what we are dealing with.