SManager software requests

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: SManager software requests

Post by Hondata »

Traction control input will retard the ignition based on an analog input.
Hondata
spAdam

Post by spAdam »

Thanks, that looks like it will do the job! I've been looking through all of the parameters for one I can manipulate this way. Not sure why I skipped over the traction control tab.
Furble

Post by Furble »

Make AFR targets part of the calibration rather than as a global option.
nos-eg6

Post by nos-eg6 »

It would be amazing to have nitrous progressive control.
danielthenerd

Post by danielthenerd »

For us racing folk, we need a feature that generates a unique code every flash. That way when we tech for our class (aka parc ferme) they take that code and if that code changes then they know something changed and that car can be DQ'ed.
This will alleviate the rule that bans ECM that have connections for data logging but still ensure people aren't changing parameters during a race if they are not allowed too.
If more information is required I can try to relay the information from my regional NASA tech director.
Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.
spAdam

Post by spAdam »

Couple of nice-to-have requests:

- Keyboard shortcuts for Datalog Zoom In/Out/Full
- An indicator for Overrun Fuel Cut active in logging
B.Burke

Post by B.Burke »

Any chance of adding a sequential ignition cut to the firmware?

I use a sequential gearbox with full throttle up shifts using Geartronics ecu (closed loop shift control) to interrupt the 12v supply to the ignition coil. Its works fine but i suspect the ignition coil load will eventually burn out the transistor in the Geartronics ecu.

Is the S300 hardware and logic cycle time fast enough to switch off the ignition output when triggered from
a normally closed digital input from the Geartronics ecu?

Basically
Input (high) = Ignitor on
Input (low) = Ignitor off

Approximate shift time 200ms.
08FitSport

Post by 08FitSport »

Adjustable gear based ignition timing retard on the full throttle shift settings.
carnot

Post by carnot »

Would it be possible to get a PID controller for boost control?
spAdam

Post by spAdam »

Import/export functionality for keyboard shortcuts would be awesome.
spAdam

Post by spAdam »

Would like to be able to attach protections to an output pin.

Example functionality: Trigger oil light on dash via A10 when oil pressure protection is active - possibly in lieu of the limiter?

-or-

Add analog inputs as a trigger source for a Nitrous/Aux Output could work

Also, a trigger time filter on the Advanced Protections as there is on the Lean Protections would be useful.

Now that I look, is A10 no longer available?
Screenshot 2023-06-08 123226.png
Screenshot 2023-06-08 123226.png (15.54 KiB) Viewed 65115 times
Pyro2323

Post by Pyro2323 »

I request for more control over SManager via software. Currently it is nearly impossible to interface with SManager without user input. I've been writing programs related to SManager for several days now and it's been an absolute headache. I can't load, upload, read data, or anything via my programs unless I emulate user input, which isn't reliable across machines. Plugins are poorly documented in the manual and trying to read it is a nightmare because it's obviously just a copied page from FlashManager. Trying to read memory values bricks the program due what I assume to be anti-debugging measures built in by the developers. I've resorted to Loading the configurations using program targets when launching the application, Optical Character Recognition to read sensor data and moving the interior windows by directly modifying the AppData file that deals with that information, and uploading by emulating user input. But none of these methods are super reliable or robust. It's totally impossible for programmers trying to pull every inch out of this software. I'd love some methods for external programs to interface with SManager for hands off operation.

Even if this request isn't possible, I'd like to understand the reasoning why.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I suggest starting a new thread. Gave you give examples of what you are trying to do and what is not working or what you would like changed? Scripts and calibrations would help too.
Hondata
DaX

Post by DaX »

It would be nice if there were some easy way way (button to click) to clear the lambda and delta lambda tables in SManager while connected to the ECU. These tables start populating with data right when you connect to the ECU, even without datalogging. This is very helpful for making quick changes after a pull, but I haven't found a way to reset or clear the tables without fully closing SManager and re-opening it. It would be helpful to be able to clear the tables after a pull to re-start the data collection and averaging, and not have the old data from the previous pull averaged in after making a change.
DaX

Post by DaX »

Another buggy thing I've been noticing:

Scenario 1:
With key on (either engine not running or already running...doesn't matter), If I then plug in my laptop with SManager open, no issues with how the car runs, and I can connect and datalog and upload a tune.

Scenario 2:
Laptop already plugged into the ECU with SManager running, then I turn the key on, often times I think it corrupts the tune loaded in the S300. I get a very poor idle (if it will run at all). Once I key off, disconnect laptop, key on, then reconnect laptop, I can re-upload the tune and it cranks and starts fine.

This mainly becomes a problem in the staging lanes. I like to leave my laptop plugged in with SManager running so that I can datalog directly to the laptop during the pass. However, if the staging lanes are backed up, I won't run my car to prevent heat soak, and I'll only crank it to pull forward. For now, I have to remember to disconnect my laptop each time before cranking, then plug it back in...it's kind of a hassle. Even worse, if I forget, my car may not start in the staging lanes until I go through the routine. Even worse than that, if I stall the car in the burnout box, it's a whole process to disconnect laptop, crank, reconnect laptop, click a few buttons, etc.

If you could make it where it doesn't need to be plugged in after the key is on, that would be very helpful.