ECU activation delay??

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
linkdeezie

ECU activation delay??

Post by linkdeezie »

For some reason, when i turn the key to the "ON" position, there is a delay in the fuel pump activation, the light on the s300 stays red, and my engine light is on. It stays like that for at least 20 seconds or more and the car is unstartable. Has anyone else experienced this or know what causes it and how to fix it? At first, i thought it was my jumper harness....but then I've tried it in 3 different cars...3 different OBD years, and have the same problem::

My car - 1996 Civic EX with Type-R motor on boost, 550cc injectors, omni power 4 bar MAP sensor, OBD2A-OBD1 jumper harness

Brothers car - 1999 Civic DX w/ B20Vtec & OBD2B-OBD1 harness

Friend's car - 1995 Integra GS-R w/ b20 vtec...i/h/e

ECU I'm using is a p28
lowblow

Post by lowblow »

Try to upload different CAL and then re upload your current CAL see happen
linkdeezie

Post by linkdeezie »

well...uploaded several different calibrations and it's still doing the same thing...wth. anybody??
Attachments
CURRENT 10-01-2010.skl
(32.39 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try the same S300 in a different ECU. If the problem goes away you know you have a faulty ECU.
linkdeezie

Post by linkdeezie »

Spunkster wrote:Try the same S300 in a different ECU. If the problem goes away you know you have a faulty ECU.
and if i still have the same problem, is it the Hondata S300?

I bought the ECU from phearable.net. Never had a problem with ANY ECU i've even purchased from them in the past....
linkdeezie

Re: ECU activation delay??

Post by linkdeezie »

OK well it's been months and apparently no answer from admin in reference to possibly a faulty s300. I spent more $ to get another s300-prepped ecu. should be here Monday and we will see what happens.
panapower

Post by panapower »

I'd like to see a response as well cause we're having the same issue but ours can take up to an hour before turning green. Thanks.
El Verdugo

Post by El Verdugo »

Please tell me what is the outcome of this. I have the exact same problem (P06), but mine turns green after at least 10mins or more waiting for it to turn GREEN and hearing the pump prime.

I had another P28 that was s300 prepped and it was displaying the same issues. So I am thinking that ECU might have been bad as well. The version of Smanager I am using its the 1.4.8.0
linkdeezie

Post by linkdeezie »

well, i changed the ecu and its working correctly. as soon as i turn the key on, the pump primes up. but i just rebuilt the motor and actually put it in another shell, so i havent had the opportunity to start the car yet. I'm still confused tho because i know ecu's dont just die. I've had this computer for like 3 years and i'd like to know what cause it to mysteriously become "faulty" as admin put it....would it possibly been the addition to peak & hold injectors to the vehicle?...(and yes, i had a resistor box wired up)
El Verdugo

Post by El Verdugo »

I used a little tool from Hondata that checks the solder (24)pins on where the S300 sits and it showed up that 2 pins where not getting power when tested. On another ECU we tried that was giving us issues 3 pins did not light up when it was tested.

At the end we tested a know working S300/ECU and all the lights on the tester came on indicating that it was a working unit.
So our culprit is the ECU.

linkdeezie

Post by linkdeezie »

that is an awesome and handy tool. how'd ya get it?
El Verdugo

Post by El Verdugo »

A while back from a hondata distributor. We solder a bunch of these ECU so it was needed.