CRX EF OBD 0 to OBD 1 conversion. Distributor problems (CKP)

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
raptor15

CRX EF OBD 0 to OBD 1 conversion. Distributor problems (CKP)

Post by raptor15 »

I am trying to set up a customers EF to run s300.

This is the setup:

b16a head
b20b block
h22a injectors
type r b16b distributor
vtec frog obd 0 to obd 1 conversion harness
p08 ecu with s300.

previous ecu was pw0 and using obd 0 distributor with the rest of the above mentioned set up.

The problem is i cant get rid of the DTC code 4 CKP crank angle sensor

the vtec frog wiring instructions mentioned they had already swapped the ckpp with the cypp wires so i referred to the hondata ecu pin out diagram to confirm that and wired in the dizzy accordingly.

At first crank the engine started up no issues but displayed check code 4 and would not rev past 3500. So i swapped out the distributor for a dc2 confirmed working obd 2 dizzy... still same problem after clearing the dlc's.

I tried tracing back the wires and just tried swapping over ckpp and cypp as well as ckpm and cypm.

the engine would not start. so i just went back to the way it was originally wired. i am unable to think of what else might be wrong. all wiring connections are good.

i hope someone can give me some helpful advice.

cheers
raptor15

Post by raptor15 »

btw i used the p30 base map
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you tried the ECU on a known good car? Have you contacted VTEC Frog about the error?
raptor15

Post by raptor15 »

yup i tried the ecu on another car, worked fine... also i really looked into the wiring connections on the adaptor, everything goes into place... i should send them a mail... i thought this would be a common problem
raptor15

Post by raptor15 »

ok problem resolved... a case of old broken wiring...