How do setup your S300 for "shift compensation"?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
codenamezero

How do setup your S300 for "shift compensation"?

Post by codenamezero »

I am trying to do my part throttle tune, and every time, in every gear, when i shift around 3000-5000 rpm (-16" to -22"), it would log rich at those area... so i can't really adjust my fuel map properly.

Any of you know what kind a settings i need to set in order for it not to log the data the moment i shift? I saw there is a "Activation Input (Clutch Switch)" under Full Throttle Shift, but i don't see where i could use that input to prevent S300 from logging at shift point.

Any help would be appreciated.
locash

Post by locash »

If it is doing it only during a shift, and you are lifting off the throttle during the shift, I would check the TPS tip in trim.
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
codenamezero

Post by codenamezero »

and how do i calculate that?
there is a throttle tip in setting under parameter, but i checked the HELP, it seems to be for "applied to the throttle top in extra fuel, which is added when the throttle is rapidly opened" but what i need seem to be the opposite?

everytime i lift my throttle right before shifting, s300 is logging close to 10-15% too much fuel around my shifting area... so after driving it around town for a bit, it shows 3000-4500rpm under -16" to -22" all being too rich...

is there a way to log/track ONLY positive throttle?[/u]
Funbar

Post by Funbar »

It takes time for your exhaust gasses to reach your wideband.

Take into account the distance from your exhaust ports on the head to your wideband.

I wouldn't worry too much about it being 'too rich' in those area's for fractions of a second..
codenamezero

Post by codenamezero »

Funbar wrote:It takes time for your exhaust gasses to reach your wideband.

Take into account the distance from your exhaust ports on the head to your wideband.

I wouldn't worry too much about it being 'too rich' in those area's for fractions of a second..
dude, is making the logging capturing everything wrong, area that are other wise perfect AFR would show rich, and area that are lean would show normal. This is definitely an issue. The s300 should give an option to avoid logging when the clutch is down or the throttle is suddenly lifted up...

i've been partial throttle tuning my car and it mess up all the fuel curve because it kept showing rich (when is not) around 3000 rpm mid load! if my car was turboed, it would've fucked up the engine already.

if there is an option for "throttle tip-in" there should also be one for "throttle tip-out" then. the same argument apply for tip-in.
Funbar

Post by Funbar »

codenamezero wrote:
Funbar wrote:It takes time for your exhaust gasses to reach your wideband.

dude, is making the logging capturing everything wrong, area that are other wise perfect AFR would show rich, and area that are lean would show normal. This is definitely an issue. The s300 should give an option to avoid logging when the clutch is down or the throttle is suddenly lifted up...

i've been partial throttle tuning my car and it mess up all the fuel curve because it kept showing rich (when is not) around 3000 rpm mid load! if my car was turboed, it would've fucked up the engine already.

if there is an option for "throttle tip-in" there should also be one for "throttle tip-out" then. the same argument apply for tip-in.
The likelyhood of 'Fuck your engine' with a lean situation at part throttle isn't very high... It's just gonna heat up a bit.

Anyway.. It's not Hondata's fault that it take time for the exhaust gasses to reach to O2 sensor..

After some experience, you'll realize this and learn to compensate for it.

You don't need a 'throttle tip-out'.. It's pointless. For a FRACTION of a second, your motor runs slightly richer. Not a big deal. Tip-IN, however, is much more important because you're pushing to make power..

If you want to tune those areas... Find a hill, and drive down it with very light throttle. If your injectors don't shut off, you should be up in the high vac tables (20-25in-hg) or low kPa (12-40kPa).

Maybe you should invest in taking an EFI101 course or something similar to learn a bit more about the EFI game and how to use it/tune.
codenamezero

Post by codenamezero »

Funbar wrote: The likelyhood of 'Fuck your engine' with a lean situation at part throttle isn't very high... It's just gonna heat up a bit.

Anyway.. It's not Hondata's fault that it take time for the exhaust gasses to reach to O2 sensor..

You don't need a 'throttle tip-out'.. It's pointless. For a FRACTION of a second, your motor runs slightly richer. Not a big deal. Tip-IN, however, is much more important because you're pushing to make power..

If you want to tune those areas... Find a hill, and drive down it with very light throttle. If your injectors don't shut off, you should be up in the high vac tables (20-25in-hg) or low kPa (12-40kPa).

Maybe you should invest in taking an EFI101 course or something similar to learn a bit more about the EFI game and how to use it/tune.
My point is that, s300 "thinks" it was rich and logged incorrect data, which caused the end user to try to lean out that section. And if the end user got it too lean and they are boosting their car, it can cause temperatures to increase leading to detonation and engine failure... "just gonna heat up a bit" is probably not a big deal in N/A, but is a big deal in FI.

I didn't blame Hondata at all, i am posting to ask people on how to avoid logging these misleading/wrong/incorrect AFR interval with their S300. i am asking for feedback.

Look if you don't have anything constructive to say then don't post.
crucian

Post by crucian »

codenamezero wrote:
Funbar wrote: The likelyhood of 'Fuck your engine' with a lean situation at part throttle isn't very high... It's just gonna heat up a bit.

My point is that, s300 "thinks" it was rich and logged incorrect data, which caused the end user to try to lean out that section. And if the end user got it too lean and they are boosting their car, it can cause temperatures to increase leading to detonation and engine failure... "just gonna heat up a bit" is probably not a big deal in N/A, but is a big deal in FI.

I didn't blame Hondata at all, i am posting to ask people on how to avoid logging these misleading/wrong/incorrect AFR interval with their S300. i am asking for feedback.

Look if you don't have anything constructive to say then don't post.
There are options in the program. In the statement above you ARE blaming the S300. But in this situation it's the end user not knowing how to use the program is the problem. You need to look through the entire program and learn what each setting is for. The answer to this question is within the program and in the end user's knowledge of making certain adjustments to get rid of the problem.
codenamezero

Post by codenamezero »

crucian wrote:There are options in the program. In the statement above you ARE blaming the S300. But in this situation it's the end user not knowing how to use the program is the problem. You need to look through the entire program and learn what each setting is for. The answer to this question is within the program and in the end user's knowledge of making certain adjustments to get rid of the problem.
Sooo... which options did you use? Since obviously you know how to use it. I wouldn't be posting and asking now if i found the actual option/way/method. Please do share your knowledge with the community. Thank you.
MarkC

Post by MarkC »

Most people just use their experience tho know when the values are going to be non-useful, but you can adjust some settings in Options | Settings... | Sensor Overlay tab.

The one you will be most interested in is Throttle. Set the minimum to something like 2% and it won't record overlay information when you let off the gas like that. YRMV. :)