Overrun

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
PurpleCivicTurbo

Overrun

Post by PurpleCivicTurbo »

Hopefully someone can give me an answer to this. My car is in bits so i cant test it myself...

When the car is on overrun, as in, throttle lifted and decelerating... If i set an input to add fuel and modify the timing what will happen?

I am looking to add fuel when i lift the throttle, as well as actuate a solenoid with the associated generic output. This whole theory relies on the input being able to add fuel, even though the ECU is on overrun..

Can anyone answer this??

Regards
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Why would you want to do this?
PurpleCivicTurbo

Hey spunkster i was hoping you would reply!

Im trying to cobble together a true anti lag system.. Most of it i have managed to take care of external to the ECU, the generic output controls the RPM window, max and min coolant temps .etc in order to minimise latency.

I have made a simple circuit which will feed the generic output's input.. That will enable the output when the throttle is 0%, EGT < bad, AFR < bad, time < 5 secs and system = armed.

i just need a way of forcing the extra fuel and removing timing. I think i can do this using the fuel/ignition parameters in the generic output options, but if the ECU goes to overrun im not sure whether adding extra fuel in the table will have any effect...

I would test it myself but as i said, the ecu is in a box at the moment.. And i have figured a way of forcing the ecu to see any throttle %, when the TPS reads % using an interface between TPS and ECU which is only active during ALS operation - in effect preventing the ECU from seeing 0% TPS. It would be nice to have an answer before i start building the looms, thats all..

Thanks in advance= and i hope i made sense..
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This is something you would have to test yourself.
PurpleCivicTurbo

Ah

Thanks anyway, ill give it a go myself.. Probably best just to put the wiring in anyway..

Thanks again!
GTMcoupe

Post by GTMcoupe »

The overrun injector shut off is adjaustable,

Couldnt you just set that to 0% and a very large delay figure thereby bypassing that feature. From a read of the help file it would apear to be possible.

West
Its Small, Its Red, Its Mid engined, It has a B18 fitted, 250hp+per tonne + nitrous
PurpleCivicTurbo

Hey!

I did think that myself, but it is still a street driven car. Although many attributes of the car arent suited to the street, im very conscious about retaining things like overrun and idle, for when im not using the ALS... I only need to temporarily change things. It is fairly easy to "fool" the ecu into a TPS value which will prevent overrun, i was just hoping for anyone elses experience with it..