S300 Failing to boot up on engine start?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
GTMcoupe

S300 Failing to boot up on engine start?

Post by GTMcoupe »

I Get an Intermitant problem which has been occuring ever since I started running S300 some three years ago, sometimes I can go for months and not expriance it, other times it will happen a couple of times a day.

Turn ignition on,

Fuel pump primes as normal,

Start the car and a constant Cel, and engine idles at 2000 rpm.

This morning for the first time I had my notebook with me ready to plug in for a little fine tweaking, I managed to grab a datalog while the engine was running,

Plugged in the notebook, S300 shown as online on smanager, hit record to grab a few seconds of data, at a quick glance The datalog is showing every sensor at 0 . car turned off restarted and all fine.

I can upload the datalog hopefully later today when home from work.

West
Its Small, Its Red, Its Mid engined, It has a B18 fitted, 250hp+per tonne + nitrous
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

More than likely this is caused by low cranking voltage. Check your voltage at the ECU when crnaking.
GTMcoupe

Post by GTMcoupe »

What sort of voltage would cause a problem?

Checked the voltage and looks like I do have a small voltage drop from the battery to the ECU to investigate but its only small, but obviously will be worse when cranking. Going to invest in a new main battery cable in the next few weeks.

Voltage drop is approx 0.5 volts battery to ECU, when cranking the voltage logged at the ecu dips to 9.7 Volts briefly on a logged start on saturday morning..

West
Its Small, Its Red, Its Mid engined, It has a B18 fitted, 250hp+per tonne + nitrous