Burnout Rev Limit

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
SPOOLIN

Burnout Rev Limit

Post by SPOOLIN »

I used the burnout rev limiter the other day and there is a flaw. I realize its pretty much just for the drag racers that use hondata which is an insane amount of people so i have to address this issue. The purpose of it is to keep your rev limit low while heating the tires up....the problem is, when running a large tire, its much easier on the drive train to build up power before starting the burnout(anti lag). The burnout rev limiter currently over rides the Anti Lag and launch control settings and it needs to be the other way around. The launch control and anti lag settings need to overide the burn out rev limiter IF your BO Rev limit is higher than the Antilag/launch control which most of the time it is. I was slightly bogging into the burnout which i have never had a problem with using the anti lag, i just hate bouncing off a 10,000 rpm rev limit in a burnout. Does this make sense?
www.MSSRACING.com
9.29 | 6.20 | 167
boosted hybrid

Post by boosted hybrid »

Put the burn out limiter at 9k. We always did it this way with MSD digi 7 box and never had a single issue with the car bogging down in the burnout box.
SPOOLIN

Post by SPOOLIN »

Thanks but thats not the point. It doesn't bog bad but it makes sense for the launch control to take priority over the BO Limit when not moving or at 0 mph.
www.MSSRACING.com
9.29 | 6.20 | 167
slowerthanu

Post by slowerthanu »

i have not gotten a chance to play with that new setting yet but i was thinking of the exact same thing you are talking about when i was reading that little side note in the contents about it. we use our antilag in the burnout box as well and also have a high overall rev limiter and hate the idea of burnouts at 10k. datalogging the burnouts we would see 9500rpm at times when our limiter was set at 8200rpm, so now that our overall limiter is so much higher i was happy to see the burnout limiter setting added, but i was wondering how that was going to work out. from what it said in the contents i was under the impression that it only overrides the launch limiter...does it also disable the activation rpm for the antilag settings? so is there just no antilag at all with the burnout rev limiter switched on?

The way i was hoping it would work was that when the burnout rev limiter was enabled it would disable the launch rev limiter but the antilag settings would still work. usually our launch limiter is at just above 6000rpm but our activation rpm is around 5000rpm, so if the burnout rev limiter was set to 7k or 8k then while it is switched on, the antilag would simply work off of the burnout rev limit instead. so it would be like hitting the antilag at 8k instead of 6k. then when we turn off the burnout rev limit the 6k launch limiter is back in play. at least i was hoping thats how it would work.

does that make sense?

if the burnout rev limiter disables anti lag all together, then a lot of 26in slick, big turbo guys are going to be having trouble getting the car to stand up in the burnout box. we only have 25in tires and we still prefer antilag for the burnout. makes it easier to build a bit of boost and preload to gently get the car to stand right up immediately in the burnout box. cool ass setting but i think it needs to not completely disable antilag to be useful.
turbotypeR

Post by turbotypeR »

What do you guys have your vtec set to come on? If you have it set to come on above a certain mph, it will have trouble standing up in the burnout. I have mine set at 0mph and it will stand up in 4th with 26" tires and no rev limiter. And I hang mine off the rev limiter at 10,800 and have never had an issue.
92 civic Si
best et:9.43best mph:164
SPOOLIN

Post by SPOOLIN »

But thats you danny, you are a baller. I've never liked killin the rev limiter doing a burn out.
www.MSSRACING.com
9.29 | 6.20 | 167
slowerthanu2

Post by slowerthanu2 »

turbotypeR wrote:What do you guys have your vtec set to come on? If you have it set to come on above a certain mph, it will have trouble standing up in the burnout. I have mine set at 0mph and it will stand up in 4th with 26" tires and no rev limiter. And I hang mine off the rev limiter at 10,800 and have never had an issue.
sorry i got owned by a bad email so i had to re-register.
yeah see that high of a limiter with how freely the motor spins in the burnout scares me lol. so you use no antilag for your burnout and just free rev it and drop it in 4th and the car stands up without bogging? might give that a try. i dont have our vtec set for 0mph. worth a try. cuz we really dont want to be on a 10k limiter in the burnout lol. it was to the point where last season i was thinking of just having the overall limiter at 7k until we finished the burnout, then uploading the 10k limiter before we staged lol.
HAVideos PFC Hatch- 10.12@140
turbotypeR

Post by turbotypeR »

SPOOLIN wrote:But thats you danny, you are a baller. I've never liked killin the rev limiter doing a burn out.
Far from a baller my freind!
92 civic Si
turbotypeR

Post by turbotypeR »

slowerthanu2 wrote:
turbotypeR wrote:What do you guys have your vtec set to come on? If you have it set to come on above a certain mph, it will have trouble standing up in the burnout. I have mine set at 0mph and it will stand up in 4th with 26" tires and no rev limiter. And I hang mine off the rev limiter at 10,800 and have never had an issue.
sorry i got owned by a bad email so i had to re-register.
yeah see that high of a limiter with how freely the motor spins in the burnout scares me lol. so you use no antilag for your burnout and just free rev it and drop it in 4th and the car stands up without bogging? might give that a try. i dont have our vtec set for 0mph. worth a try. cuz we really dont want to be on a 10k limiter in the burnout lol. it was to the point where last season i was thinking of just having the overall limiter at 7k until we finished the burnout, then uploading the 10k limiter before we staged lol.
I do my burnouts in 3rd. I said it would do it in 4th, that doesn't mean I use 4th.LOL 3rd works just fine. Yeah, I just hold it to the floor and when it gets to about 8-9k, I let the clutch out and let it rip.
I know you guys don't like banging the rev limiter. I used to be that way too. One day I just said screw it, and have been doing it that way for some time now. Several people do it this way without issues.
92 civic Si
SPOOLIN

Post by SPOOLIN »

i do second gear....and yes im able to do the burnout fine, but it would be nice to have that anti lag to reduce the chances of a bogg down, bogging and trying to pull out of the bog while stationary really heats metal up.
www.MSSRACING.com
9.29 | 6.20 | 167
slowerthanu2

Post by slowerthanu2 »

turbotypeR wrote:
slowerthanu2 wrote:
turbotypeR wrote:What do you guys have
I do my burnouts in 3rd. I said it would do it in 4th, that doesn't mean I use 4th.LOL 3rd works just fine. Yeah, I just hold it to the floor and when it gets to about 8-9k, I let the clutch out and let it rip.
I know you guys don't like banging the rev limiter. I used to be that way too. One day I just said screw it, and have been doing it that way for some time now. Several people do it this way without issues.
ah i see lol. we usually preload a bit before letting it loose just so not to shock anything. we break too much stuff during the run as it is, we dont need to break stuff in the burnout box as well lol.
we do third gear as well but we just havnt tried it out yet so im not even sure it will be a problem. i was just worried when i heard it canceled out the antilag settings. im sure if it works for you itll be fine for us as well. we will see soon. bandimere opens up this weekend finally!
HAVideos PFC Hatch- 10.12@140
Martian

Post by Martian »

We can test it out on mine this weekend Burrito.
thank you, thank you, I'm here all week