can s300 run obd0 injectors?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
llms07

can s300 run obd0 injectors?

Post by llms07 »

Can s300 run obd0 injectors in b16?
Reason I ask is the following, not looking for an answer to below statement unless u have one, really just interested in my original question:

Alright u guys I have a problem with the way my jdm b16a obd1 runs in my 88 dx hatch. When I use the s300 I bought from some guy, car isn't very responsive. It idles higher than normal, idles at like 2500 when warming up and isn't very responsive at low rpms once it has warmed up. When it is cold the car runs fine and strong but of course no vtec, once warm it is hesistant when I give it throttle and feels week until I get ab out 6K rpm. When I used the p28 with a skunk2 chip that my brother runs in his eg it runs perfect. So then I tried using s300 on the eg and it ran fine even once warm. The only difference betweem his b16 and my b16 is that his is first gen obd0 b16 with obd1 injectors and obd2 dizzy and b16 trans while my b16 is an obd1 b16 with obd1 dizzy and obd0 injectors. Doesn't make sense. I noe its definately ecu related cuz his ecu runs fine in my car. Does s300 only work right with obd1 injectors?
fly_n

Post by fly_n »

are u using a resistor block to run the obd0 injectors?

if not,install one (or some sort of other resistor arrangement) ASAP before u burn out the injector drivers in the ECU.

obd0 injectors are low impedance
alternatively,just get some obd1 injectors,which are high impedance.
llms07

Post by llms07 »

Yes I am running a resistor box on injectors, still doesn't explain why skunk2 chip runs car fine and s300 doesn't on the ef, in the eg there is no difference.
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

ran my obd0 injectors just fine and also the dsm's that are in it right now.
allm0t0rGSR

Post by allm0t0rGSR »

is the s300 tune for your car? bcoz in order to make it work right on ur car must tune by a tuner or u with a laptop and a wideband
llms07

Post by llms07 »

Yes mapped for a stock p30 b16, only thing I changed was ran in open loop and disabled oxy sensor and knock sensor. So obd0 injectors will work fine? Could it be my injectro ground wiring to ecu? But why does skunk2 system work fine on my car but not s300?, but both ems's work fine in eg with same set up except he is running obd1 injectors on stock harness not a modified dpfi harness like mine
fly_n

Post by fly_n »

whats the ignition setup on your car?
any aftermarket bits?
llms07

Post by llms07 »

Stock gsr dizzy with autozone wires, and ngk g-power plugs, and oem cap and rotor. The only thing I can think of too is maby my soldering job was that great?
fly_n

Post by fly_n »

are they a resistor type plug?
try swapping in your bro's plugs & leads to test,so as to eliminate any probs there
llms07

Post by llms07 »

Are what resistor type plugs? And swap what from my bros car? Sorry I must not have understand
fly_n

Post by fly_n »

are spark plugs resistor type?
do they have an "R" in the part number?

swap spark plugs & spark plug leads(wires,as u call them) from your bro's car
llms07

Post by llms07 »

Oh ok, now are mine supposed to be resistor type or not? and yes I will try that. What is the difference between resistor plugs and non resistor plugs?
llms07

Post by llms07 »

I think we are running same ignition wires, and about 80% the same plugs but I will double check
fly_n

Post by fly_n »

should ideally be resistor type.
read the sticky up top of this forum on spark plugs,might explain it a bit better.

basically the resistance suppresses interference being injected back thru the ecu off the ignition system.
same prob can occur with other aftermarket parts like coils & wires.

at least if u swap them with your bro's known working setup,u can rule out this issue & start having a closer look at your wiring & possibly any faulty sensors etc.
llms07

Post by llms07 »

Alright I will do that, can u have faulty sensors and not have a CEL? What sensors can cause this problem? My wiring is correct for the dizzy and injectors, but can using too much solder cause this? Idk its driving me insane