Vtec solenoid always on using vtec output for non-vtec ECU

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
msone

Vtec solenoid always on using vtec output for non-vtec ECU

Post by msone »

The car is a 1994 Prelude SI with a H22A4. No datalogs currently as I’m not home. I am using a S300 v3 in a P75.

Wired vtec with a relay per instructions here: https://www.hondata.com/help/smanager/i ... l?vtec.htm .
I used A20 PCS for output control.

How the relay is currently wired is
A20 PCS to 85
12v switched spliced to 86 and 30
87 to vtec solenoid

My issue is that once I turn my car to ACC, the vtec solenoid is activated and it will stay on. I’ve tried playing with the settings under the vtec tab but I can’t figure out how to fix this. Turned the car on for a minute and it idles rough. If I unplug the relay I can hear the relay click and the car will idle fine again. A quick datalog shows the car being in low cam throughout and VTS not activated even though the solenoid is activated.

Any help is appreciated!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Vtec solenoid always on using vtec output for non-vtec ECU

Post by Spunkster »

Have you tried inverting the output?
msone

Post by msone »

I have tried inverting it and the issue still remains. Something I did notice today is that PCS is always on when its not inverted and its always off when it is inverted. Would that be causing the vtec solenoid to always be activated or is that another issue altogether? I will get a log of it and post it later.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like you may have something wired incorrectly as inverting it when it is normally on would turn it off and make it's operation opposite.