14 PSI S2000 with Vortech sc needs cal

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
A4XRBJ1

14 PSI S2000 with Vortech sc needs cal

Post by A4XRBJ1 »

Hi guys,

I'm new here as I just about to switch from a Greddy e-manage Ultimate to Hondata (ok, hit me for not switching earlier).

Anyway, I'm about to get the Hondata installed and was just asking if someone has experience with the combination of Hondata K-Pro and a Vortech supercharger on a S2000.

Background info:

1 Bar of boost pressure
750cc RC high impedance injectors
Walbro fuel pump
3 inch individually built exhaust
improved intake
head ported by Alaniz
bigger throttle body
water injection system 2d from Aquamist ERL
3.5 Bar MAP Sensor from AEM

Any comments and tips are mostly welcome. Which map should I take as a base map for my setup, the one here posted for the Kraftwerks unit?

I assume I just need to select my MAP Sensor from the drop-down list and change the injectors to 750cc, including dead time, right?

Andreas
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will need to fully tune this on the dyno to make sure your AF ratio is correct and tune for correct ignition timing to be safe.
A4XRBJ1

Post by A4XRBJ1 »

Spunkster wrote:You will need to fully tune this on the dyno to make sure your AF ratio is correct and tune for correct ignition timing to be safe.
Hi Spunkster,

that's planned for the 17th of April with the Belgium Hondata Dealer and Tuner.

As I'm an AP1 (forgot to tell) I probably have to start from the stock AP1 base map and change injectors and MAP Sensor, right?

Anymore changes needed for that? I'd probably copy the Kraftwerks fuel and ignition settings onto that self created map for starters to be on the safe side once boost comes.

Car is without AC.

Do you recommend to recalculate the load columns as I have a 3.5 Bar MAP sensor or is settiing it to 3 Bar via the view menu enough?

Just want to make sure my cylinders are not drowned in gasoline as it was with my Greddy ULT.

Thanks,

Andreas
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Yes you must start with the AP1 cakbration found by going to File, New. You may be able to use the ignition values from a different calibration, but fuel values are different from a PRA cal to a PRB cal. You will need a wideband to get the air fuel ratio to a safe level. You should also dirve very conservatively until it is tuned.