In need of basemap please

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
DC5_Jess

Re: In need of basemap please

Post by DC5_Jess »

UPDATE: I fixed the red blinking led on my ECU situation. I had a broken ground wire in my harness that led to the valve cover.

Everytime I start my car it will crank and turn over but will die IMMEDIATELY.
I had the TPS and MAP sensor backwards and it ran but it was really rough. I corrected the plugs and it will crank and turn over but die immediately. I’m running a stock MAP that I obtained with my kpro from hondata and I described my build to them. Still no luck.

Any help?
Thanks
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

DC5_Jess wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:15 pm UPDATE: I fixed the red blinking led on my ECU situation. I had a broken ground wire in my harness that led to the valve cover.

Everytime I start my car it will crank and turn over but will die IMMEDIATELY.
I had the TPS and MAP sensor backwards and it ran but it was really rough. I corrected the plugs and it will crank and turn over but die immediately. I’m running a stock MAP that I obtained with my kpro from hondata and I described my build to them. Still no luck.

Any help?
Thanks
Is the car throwing any codes? Did you disable the immobilizer?Can you keep the car on by pressing the gas pedal? Are you using the same Calibration file as before?

-Ed
Instagram: calibrated.tuning
DC5_Jess

Post by DC5_Jess »

The car isn’t throwing any codes.
The car can be kept running if I give it gas.
Immobilizer has been shut off.
This is the same tune as I ran before.

I thought the 70mm throttle body was throwing the A/F off too much so I installed my stock 62mm back on and still have the same problem.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

DC5_Jess wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:29 am The car isn’t throwing any codes.
The car can be kept running if I give it gas.
Immobilizer has been shut off.
This is the same tune as I ran before.

I thought the 70mm throttle body was throwing the A/F off too much so I installed my stock 62mm back on and still have the same problem.
Can you datalog the car? Keep it on until it reaches operating temperature. I want to see what the AFR is. It sounds like more like a mechanical or electrical issue.

-Ed
DC5_Jess

Post by DC5_Jess »

I GOT IT RUNNING! YAY! Thank you everyone that helped
Now I just need someone to bless me with a tune so I can get it running right.
I datalogged a 32 minute idle with a few revs up to about 4k for a start, I will link it to this post.
I am no longer running a 70mm Throttle body. I am back to stock 62mm Type S (K20A2) throttle body
Not to sound annoying, I just want to be clear because that throttle body was giving me nothing but trouble.

My datalog is too big of a file so I uploaded it to MediaFire.
Here's the link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/sd8y1g4y ... g.kdl/file

I appreciate any and all help guy, THANKS!
Attachments
STOCK K24A2 Tune.kal
(163.08 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

DC5_Jess wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:05 pm I GOT IT RUNNING! YAY! Thank you everyone that helped
Now I just need someone to bless me with a tune so I can get it running right.
I datalogged a 32 minute idle with a few revs up to about 4k for a start, I will link it to this post.
I am no longer running a 70mm Throttle body. I am back to stock 62mm Type S (K20A2) throttle body
Not to sound annoying, I just want to be clear because that throttle body was giving me nothing but trouble.

My datalog is too big of a file so I uploaded it to MediaFire.
Here's the link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/sd8y1g4y ... g.kdl/file

I appreciate any and all help guy, THANKS!
That is great to hear. So the throttle body was the issue? I can help tune the car not that you have it running.

-Ed
DC5_Jess

Post by DC5_Jess »

The Throttle body was part of the issue. It wasn’t fitting my MAP sensor correctly so the car wouldn’t stay idling. I also needed a new MAP because it got fried from me swapping the MAP and TPS plugs.
All figured out now, thank you for the support!

I just need some help with the base map and then I can bring it to get dyno tuned, I just need it to be able to drive there.

Thank you
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

DC5_Jess wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:07 am The Throttle body was part of the issue. It wasn’t fitting my MAP sensor correctly so the car wouldn’t stay idling. I also needed a new MAP because it got fried from me swapping the MAP and TPS plugs.
All figured out now, thank you for the support!

I just need some help with the base map and then I can bring it to get dyno tuned, I just need it to be able to drive there.

Thank you
Sounds good. Does the car now idle without pressing the throttle?

-Ed
DC5_Jess

Post by DC5_Jess »

Yeah. In my datalog I attached to my last post it was at idle for majority of it. I only rev’d it a few times at the end.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Load the base tune and datalog it normal driving.

-Ed
Attachments
DC5_Jess_Base.kal
(163.05 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
DC5_Jess

Post by DC5_Jess »

Hello, Sorry for the large gap in responses. I had a lot of this to troubleshoot, this being my very first K series build there was definitely a learning curve coming from a 350 Small Block Chevy.

I have solved all my issues and am almost ready to road test it. I just need to replace my VTEC Solenoid Gasket due to it leaking oil and I need to buy some tires due to two flat tires. I'm hoping to road test it before first snowfall. If I do then I'll post my datalog on here the day of.

I appreciate all of the help from this forum and it's great community.

Thank you,
DC5_Jess
DC5_Jess

Post by DC5_Jess »

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

I recently was able to road test my RSX and I noticed when I try to floor it the car falls on its face.
I datalogged it while i took it for a few laps around the block.
I was hoping anyone would be able to diagnose it for me. Any help is appreciated
First Road Test 37 mins.rar
I had to compress it to a rar file
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

DC5_Jess wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:08 pm Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

I recently was able to road test my RSX and I noticed when I try to floor it the car falls on its face.
I datalogged it while i took it for a few laps around the block.
I was hoping anyone would be able to diagnose it for me. Any help is appreciated
First Road Test 37 mins.rar
Replied to your Pm