K24 Starts, Idles Rough, and Dies! Fuel Pressure Suspected

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
LoneWolf

K24 Starts, Idles Rough, and Dies! Fuel Pressure Suspected

Post by LoneWolf »

I'm working on my first K Swap, and thus it's also my first K Pro experience. My K24 came out of a CRV, the closest tune I found among the preloaded maps was for a stock K24 accord. Uploaded it and she starts! But idles rough and dies as soon as the car gets warm.

I'm suspecting a fuel pressure issue, right now I have a Walbro 255 set up with a deadhead system (Stock rail, stock injectors, stock fuel "damper"). FPR comes in soon, I'll make it a proper return setup where I can also verify fuel pressure and then try again.

With that said, I don't completely know what Im doing in K Manager. I disabled IAC (it's deleted), calibrated TPS, and changed MAP sensor for good measure. If the fuel pressure isn't the problem, I'm not sure what all it could be. I know this datalog is giving me hints, but I'm still learning how to interpret it. Map and Datalog attached in case anyone is bored and wants to check it out/offer advice. I'll overnight you a beer if you can spot my issue!

In any event, I'll update this thread as I make progress.
Attachments
WagonNA1.kal
(168.81 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
DLCarDiesUponStartup.kdl
(777.68 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: K24 Starts, Idles Rough, and Dies! Fuel Pressure Suspected

Post by Spunkster »

If you do not have an idle controller, that could be part of the issue.
LoneWolf

Re: K24 Starts, Idles Rough, and Dies! Fuel Pressure Suspected

Post by LoneWolf »

No doubt, I was hoping not to run the IACV due to this being mostly a track car. Plenty of forum posts report no issues after installing the IACV block off plate and adjusting the throttle body to let a bit of air in at idle.

Anyhow, the FPR came in and we now have a return system with a gauge confirming 50psi. Car does run/idle better, but still extremely rough as it surges from 1-2k RPM and doesn't stop when it warms up. The tiniest amount of gas pedal sends the RPMS soaring up to 4-5k. I'm thinking she's getting way too much fuel, but confused as to how a base map for a K24 could cause my setup to be running so rich.

Updated KAL and datalog attached for reference. Going to look at taking some fuel out and see if that helps.
Attachments
WagonNA7.22A.kal
(168.81 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Datalog7.23_RunsButRoughIdle.kdl
(978.84 KiB) Downloaded 142 times