TPS Fuel Moving - please explain

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
Murph706

TPS Fuel Moving - please explain

Post by Murph706 »

Hey All,

I am dialing in my tune and trying to understand how TPS fuel moving works.

What does "Rate of change" mean for this table? what does the 4, 8 and 16 signify. Is it the rate at which you depress the throttle and how quickly it opens? What is the unit of measure here?

For example, if i press the throttle quickly, am i in the 16 part of the table vs if i press it slowly im in the 4 part of the table?? Is this signified by a TPS signal that rises steeply vs steadily increasing in my datalogs? (image like a table vs a gentle slope?). Or is this more a measure of the distance that the throttle plate has to open?

What does "Compensation" mean...what does the number under 4, under 8 and under 16 signify? What is the unit of measure here.

The reason I ask is because under faster driving conditions where im deeper into the throttle vs light throttle driving, im seeing a rich condition which when I put the car in closed loop causes the O2 sensor to pull fuel resulting in a lean condition and a slight hesitation. Open loop the car drives fine. I will post a picture when i get home, just wanted to understand how TPS Fuel Moving affected overall driving.

Thanks,

Ian.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: TPS Fuel Moving - please explain

Post by Hondata »

Rate of change is the speed that the throttle pedal is changing. There are no units are the index is derived mathematically from something else, but 16 is faster.

Compensation is a multiplier. It just changes the relative amount of compensation based on ECT.

You should change the 'TPS fuel moving' table. I would set up a test that you can reproduce, datalog the lambda, then first identify which column is being used then alter than column value. To find which column is being used set them one by one to the minimum (-100%) where should give you a lean spike which you can see in the datalog. Obviously don't do this if your test is at 20 lbs of boost or 11,000 rpm.
Hondata