Would K-pro work ok wihtout the speed sensor?

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Toto

Would K-pro work ok wihtout the speed sensor?

Post by Toto »

The speed sensor inside the transmission is not working. How would K-pro behave without the speed sensor input? The CEL is on due to the speed sensor failure and I saw the idle rpm up-and-down from ~800 to 600rpm. Is it still safe to drive the car without causing any engine damage before the speed sensor is fixed? Thanks!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The ECU requires the speed sensor in order to work correctly.
Hondata
Toto

Post by Toto »

Does this mean any driving without a speed sensor is not recommended and will cause engine damage? Or it is ok to drive with lower rpm? Let's say <4000rpm. Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It will not cause damage, but the car will not run correctly.
cranny

Post by cranny »

you wont have vtec for sure , lol. no speedo obviously. your car probably wont even rev past your stand still rev limiter thinking on it , cause as far as the ecu knows , you aint moving.
sprinto7

Re: Would K-pro work ok wihtout the speed sensor?

Post by sprinto7 »

Toto wrote:The speed sensor inside the transmission is not working. How would K-pro behave without the speed sensor input? The CEL is on due to the speed sensor failure and I saw the idle rpm up-and-down from ~800 to 600rpm. Is it still safe to drive the car without causing any engine damage before the speed sensor is fixed? Thanks!
I'm using KPRO with no physical speed sensor. I have the "internal speed sensor" signal turned on. This is an autocross only vehicle. I do do not have a speedometer, but the IVTEC works fine. Unfortunately launch controll doesn't work.
Del Long