Temperature Compensation with Supercharger

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
douglas

Temperature Compensation with Supercharger

Post by douglas »

Is it necessary to relocate the IAT sensor into the manifold of the JRSC in order for the temperature compensation to work correctly?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It is highly recommended.
trlaing

Post by trlaing »

How is this done?

I would like to relocate my IAT sensor to give more accurate air temp to the ECU. Can I just move the existing one on my UK EP3 Civic Type-R or must I purchase a different IAT sensor? Is there a place to fit it to the JRSC manifold?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I don't know if the EP3 manifold has the mounting loacation for it or not, but the DC5 does. You can use any Integra IAT sensor (1986-2001)
trlaing

Post by trlaing »

I can't see a mounting location for the IAT sensor. Could it be under the supercharger? Where is it located on the DC5 manifold?
panapower

Post by panapower »

you'll definitely want to pay close attention to that sensor since its key information which the ecu looks for in order to keep your engine safe and sound. with SC's that are not cooled before they go into the intake the IAT will look like a mangled up sensor. hth.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try contacting Moss Motors for assistance with locating the mounting location on the manifold. It is possible they designed the EP# manifold without a location to mount it.
trlaing

Post by trlaing »

I have submitted a query to their web site. I'll see what reply I get.....
fonz600

Post by fonz600 »

trlaing wrote:I have submitted a query to their web site. I'll see what reply I get.....
Can u let me know what the reply is mate?
carbonctr

Post by carbonctr »

This sounds interesting! Let me know how you get on!
trlaing

Post by trlaing »

fonz600 wrote:
trlaing wrote:I have submitted a query to their web site. I'll see what reply I get.....
Can u let me know what the reply is mate?
Haven't heard back from them. Maybe you can try and ask them too...

http://www.mossmotors.com/AboutMoss/ContactUs.aspx
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

using the std Honda AIT's *after* the SC is a bad idea, they are nothing like fast enough to give a real-true temp reading.

if your going to use a sender after the charger, you need to use an open element fast acting one that can keep up with the temp changes (After SC temps can go from 20 to 120C very fast)

also, make sure you put it in a place where it's in the actual air-flow, not in the corner of the manifoild were no air actually flows.

only other problem with using a different sender is that none I have found have the same electrical charicteristics as the Honda IAT, so you have to work out the difference between them, then work on that.

be nice if Hondata could add a calibrate facility (same as for wideband inputs etc)
wdsonny

Post by wdsonny »

My open air fast acting IAT works flawlessly. Only had one fail on another car. Of course all cars are aftercooled with this IAT. Temp compensation left alone.
fonz600

Post by fonz600 »

wdsonny wrote:My open air fast acting IAT works flawlessly. Only had one fail on another car. Of course all cars are aftercooled with this IAT. Temp compensation left alone.
Have you ever made a aftercooler for a Civic mate?
fonz600

Post by fonz600 »

wdsonny wrote:My open air fast acting IAT works flawlessly. Only had one fail on another car. Of course all cars are aftercooled with this IAT. Temp compensation left alone.
Oops, double posted.