New onboard data-log feature in k-manager

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
kommon_sense

New onboard data-log feature in k-manager

Post by kommon_sense »

So I just got k-manager 1.2.2.7 and it has an onboard datalogging feature.

I *heard* that this was only available for k-pro units after a certain serial number. So my question is, will this feature grey out or disable if your k-pro ecu does not support onboard datalogging?

Was my information incorrect? Do all k-pro's support onboard datalogging? etc.?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I think this will answer most of your questions: http://www.hondata.com/kprodatalogging.html
Hondata
petah

Post by petah »

other than datalogging is there any other reason for us to spend $250 for a hardware upgrade?

$250 is a lot for us early kpro owners to upgrade to the most recent hardware/firmware and i am sure we paid a bit more to get kpro in the early days.
06 nbp type s

Post by 06 nbp type s »

how can tell what the ecus serial number is? do i have to remove the ecu to see it or can i see it somewhere in kpro?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

There are no changes to the hardware other then on board datalogging support, so that is the only reason to upgrade.

To find the serial number use Online -> Information in KManager.
Hondata
kommon_sense

Post by kommon_sense »

petah wrote:other than datalogging is there any other reason for us to spend $250 for a hardware upgrade?

$250 is a lot for us early kpro owners to upgrade to the most recent hardware/firmware and i am sure we paid a bit more to get kpro in the early days.
lol... how do you think I feel. My serial number is like 30 units before they started adding datalogging... I should have procrastinated more when I purchased it. oh well.
cfl001

Post by cfl001 »

So, would it possible to use a similar concept and output automatic datalogging to a usb memory stick via the usb port when not using a laptop?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Not possible because USB is a master (host) / slave topography, it would only work if the memory stick was a USB host and knew what commands to pass to the ECU.
Hondata
chunky

Post by chunky »

How much memory is available for datalogging? Does the on board datalogging stop once the memory reaches capacity, or does it simply store the last xxx kb of data?

If the logging is continuous, I'd love to have this. My ecu serial is in the 600's though, so looks like $250.
You can take me out of the race, but you can't take the race out of me.
chunky

Post by chunky »

wait, never mind, I looked in the kmanager help file.

2mb of space, 10 to 110 min depending on datalogging speed. Not bad. Doesn't look like it can be set to operate as a FIFO buffer though. :(
You can take me out of the race, but you can't take the race out of me.
Garrett_si

Post by Garrett_si »

2mb isn't enough with good resolutions ofr the type of race I do :cry: