Problem when datalogin goes offline

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
jdmvtec93

Post by jdmvtec93 »

i have made all what you said about taking the grounds and sand them to bare metal and the problem its there. i have a factory radio and i dont have any other accessory other than factory fog lights and JDM HID headlights. i will check if my k-pro does the same in my friend RSX-S.
jdmvtec93

Post by jdmvtec93 »

I test my k-pro today in my frien RSX-S and it stills goes offline when the car is on, and i test his k-pro in my car and it works great. so defenetly ist the k-pro. What do you think it can be?

that k-pro i bought it from a friend,
can i send it to you to check it?
how much will it cost?
jdmvtec93

Post by jdmvtec93 »

any update Hondata?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Call us for troubleshooting and an RMA number if necessary.
Hondata
rensoyka

Post by rensoyka »

I can't help some of the problems that other people have, but I do have an update on my disconnecting while datalogging. I had switched to a shorter USB cable, but I wasn't satisfied. I did some reading on the USB PCMCIA card that I was using, and apparently, for some USB applications, you need an auxilliary power cord from the card to a USB port integrated on the computer, because some peripherals that require power won't get enough from just the card. So I obtained the cord, plugged it in, and wow, I'm back to the original Hondata 6 foot cord plugged into the PCMCIA card and datalogging is perfect. Funny how a $1500 laptop (3 years ago) has such lousy data transfer rates through on-board USB, but this may be a solution for some people if the suspect is the laptop.
jdmvtec93

Post by jdmvtec93 »

Rensoyka

can you get an internet address so i can see that cable, because i don't know which one is it.
jdmvtec93

Post by jdmvtec93 »

ok i just recieve the USB cable that Hondata supplies, and it work great!!!!!

thanks for the support