Need help ASAP- VTEC issue

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
thaduke2003

Need help ASAP- VTEC issue

Post by thaduke2003 »

Hi- I have a just-built K20A2 in an EP3- fully built and boosted- using the EP3 (A3) ECU with K-Pro- the problem is, whenever I switch to VTEC I get a massive hesitation (sputter- like I hit redline) and power drops FAST- I need to drive from central FL to RI this weekend, so please respond ASAP- tomorrow night is my deadline, and I kinda need to have the car tuned by then- please call at (845)492-1886 and ask for Mark if you're sure you can help- if not 100%, please post- thanks! Mark W.
"Why are you cowering? It's only a drift..."
petah

Post by petah »

i don't work for hondata but they would probably ask the same question...... what turbo kit and what calibration?
thaduke2003

Post by thaduke2003 »

The kit is semi-custom- Revhard with Precision 680 injectors, a GT-30R, and Skunk2 stage 1 cams. The calibration is based off of the 650cc Cybernation map, but redone almost completely- Mark W.
"Why are you cowering? It's only a drift..."
weltall

Post by weltall »

lemme guess does it happen at around 7k while flooring it throught the first 3 gears?

mine is doing the same thing

my guess would be are you using the right spark plugs? i just ordered some denso ik24's i still have the stock ep plugs in the car so i think it is a firing issue
locash

Post by locash »

I assume that most of you are just using a basemap from the K-Pro software. If that is the case, it was never meant for you to go racing around on, it was meant to help you get to the dyno/tuner.